Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's better than a Merc, I think...??

Hello all,

I have been hunting but not a lot. Sadly we had a death in the Family, my uncle Tim. He was a great man and suffered a lot for the world and will be missed R.I.P... Anyway, on a positive note, I did some detecting on some of my off time during the day's of morning... I've hunted parks in this area before and I've never really found anything, hardly even clad. I was hunting this park during thunder storms so, I was in and out of the field. When I first got there I went to the back next to a huge lonely tree. One of my first signals was this 20 Year service pin, the rest of the hour or two I found only two statehood quarters in one hole... Ok, back to the 20 year service pin I first thought it was military. I knew it was a good find just not as good as it really is... See Back in the day PA was the Coal mining capital of the world. I could not read the fine print until I got it home a week and 4 hours later and looked with my Smartloupe-Pro. I was happy and amazed to see and find out it say's UMW (United Mine Workers) of America Org. 1890. 20 Years Service. This is very cool, I found a Historical Item from PA's History. If anyone has more info or can date this piece please do. Here is a photo and I hope you Enjoy this find as much as I have...

Thank you,
Keep @ it and HH !!

Attachments

• PA01 02.jpg
    PA01 02.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 113
  • PA01-2.jpg
    PA01-2.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Upvote 1

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I agree! SUPERB FIND! :notworthy: :occasion18: :icon_thumright: Honoring a man in one of the most difficult, dangerous and thankless jobs of all! Despite the strength of the unions, these guys had to put of with a lot of maltreatment. Great piece of history, also very nice design! Andi

arrowhead82

Dec 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
really sweet find! love digging up pieces of history!

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree! SUPERB FIND! :notworthy: :occasion18: :icon_thumright: Honoring a man in one of the most difficult, dangerous and thankless jobs of all! Despite the strength of the unions, these guys had to put of with a lot of maltreatment. Great piece of history, also very nice design! Andi

I agree, thank you !!
Keep @ it and HH !!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very cool find. The history behind the things we find is the most interesting part of this hobby. Congrats! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys, I really hope someone can give me a date of issue.
Keep @ it and HH !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread