Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
. . . but hopefully not here any time soon

sleet.jpg

First ice pellet I saw a couple of years ago ... landed on the cable television drop. No, the image isn't upside down. It landed top center and stuck.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Your subject matters are very unique. Nice photo. However, I don't need any reminders about the cold stuff that's coming. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Your subject matters are very unique. Nice photo. However, I don't need any reminders about the cold stuff that's coming. :laughing7:

Yeah, but not every picture can be spring ... but if it makes you feel better, this flower always signals spring has sprung and gives us something to look forward too when the cold goes away:

Fleabane_1800.jpg

Believe they're called Fleabane and native to your state, but they grow wild here in Arkansas. A member of the Daisy family.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I have those on the farm. The name comes from the superstition that the dried flowers will rid your home of fleas. Which explains why I have seen a lot of them in dried flower arrangements. The leaves are edible and can be cooked with your greens. It has medicinal uses: diuretic and digestive. Good to know. I've been trying to learn what we have naturally here incase we ever needed to survive off the land.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
28 degrees and a light cover of snow ,this may be the last hunt of the year as hunting season opens tomorrow... 150 year old saw mill that sawed 100,000 board feet a year , been waiting all year to hunt this s spot as it is so overgrown ...all we have to do is get across the creek without getting our feet wet....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions