Its Dog Eat Dog Out There!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must have been one heck of a dog fight. Roseco P. Coletrain VS. Homer. All that remained was these two "bone" tags, both about 4" down and 5' apart in a large suburban park frequented by owners walking their dogs. The bonus of these finds is..."Homer's" tag is marked, "Taft/copyright/Ster." My first silver or gold jewelry (hey, dog jewelry counts, right?) find in over 35 days. Homer's weighs 4.9 grams, with Roseco's brass tag weighing in at 18.9 grams.

(Poor little Homer!:laughing7:)

Thanks for looking, Happy Hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Attachments

• Dogtag1.JPG
    Dogtag1.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 166
  • dogtag2.JPG
    dogtag2.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Upvote 18

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the doggy silver, that's sweet. Congrats on the finds Sub! Well played.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you tried a return? I bagged a "Harvey" tag this spring and the owner slipped me a $20 reward, plus the honorable mention. what a happy moment that was!!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you tried a return? I bagged a "Harvey" tag this spring and the owner slipped me a $20 reward, plus the honorable mention. what a happy moment that was!!

I will certainly give it a try and call Rosco's phone number. The tag is not usable now but may be sentimental! Thanks, Sub 8-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those 2 dog related finds. Those are way cooler than the aluminum one's I dig. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those 2 dog related finds. Those are way cooler than the aluminum one's I dig. :thumbsup:

I dig those aluminum ones too, and usually within feet of the walking path. People on the path, dogs walk on the lawn next to it! Sub

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It must have been one heck of a dog fight. Roseco P. Coletrain VS. Homer. All that remained was these two "bone" tags, both about 4" down and 5' apart in a large suburban park frequented by owners walking their dogs. The bonus of these finds is..."Homer's" tag is marked, "Taft/copyright/Ster." My first silver or gold jewelry (hey, dog jewelry counts, right?) find in over 35 days. Homer's weighs 4.9 grams, with Roseco's brass tag weighing in at 18.9 grams.

Thanks for looking, Happy Hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Good luck with the return on Coletrain! It would have been funny if the smaller one had the name "Miles." :laughing7:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

I don't know about your poor little Homer statement. One of the worst beatings I ever took was from a "little" guy! Way I see it Homer's tag fell off. Looks to me like Roscoe's tag wasRIPPED off! Judging the contest on just those two observations, I say the victor in that contest was Homer!!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about your poor little Homer statement. One of the worst beatings I ever took was from a "little" guy! Way I see it Homer's tag fell off. Looks to me like Roscoe's tag wasRIPPED off! Judging the contest on just those two observations, I say the victor in that contest was Homer!!

True, Greastart! We all know the "size of the fight" story... Maybe Homer removed his tag first, kind of like rolling up our sleeves before a bout of fisticuffs! Sub8-)

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447258526.038979.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the Homer tag and it being sterling is a bonus!!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I contacted the owner of Rosco P. Coletrain, and learned that the pooch went to doggy heaven :angel2: a while back. The owner did not want the tag at this time and said I could keep it. They did appreciate the effort, though. Thanks for looking. Sub 8-)

Last edited:

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone really, really, really liked "Dukes of Hazzard". Nice finds and congrats on the silver.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone really, really, really liked "Dukes of Hazzard". Nice finds and congrats on the silver.

The irony of this is...there is a beautifully engraved granite bench honoring the memory of a beloved dog "Daisy" about 100 yards from where I found the tags. Yeah...we are in Southwest Missouri, not to far from Branson, where the General Lee and other "Dukes" attractions abound!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SUB NICE POOCH TAGS ...

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two chihuahuas(dont ask...just kinda happened after my akita passed)and I KNOW homer whooped coletrain.these little dogs are pretty fierce.Hail to homer !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread