Its fun making bank rounds

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fun making bank rounds

I made my rounds to several new banks today asking for boxes of pennies & nickels. I had a 100% success rate as I got boxes from every bank. Do note that these were not orders. Got 4 nik boxes, 6 penny boxes, got a free TD bank gift, free wrappers & 2 rolls of mint Presidential dollars. I also bought a cool dragon design .999 1 troy ounce silver round at a local coin shop. Now I'm going to be busy searching all those boxes of coin. FYI, not 1 bank had any halves or Ikes.

WARNING! CRHing can be highly addictive. But I'm having a heluva grand time. Man its great to be retired. :-)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! After opening the 1st roll of nickels...low & behold, I feast my eyes on a faded but readable date 1916S Buffalo nickel. Beginners luck prevails most of the time for me when I'm just getting started.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent you a PM, just wonering if you got it, congrats on your score already! By any chance was the nickel box darker in hue,(darker blue and usual?)

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a matter of fact...yes it is a darker blue Brinks box dated Apr 11, 2012. How did you know? Anyway, in addition to the 1916S Buff I found another Buff but with no date, found 2 War niks dated 1943P & 1944S & found 28 old ones dated 1939 to 1959. Plus also got a 1969 Proof. Not too shabby of a box. FYI, the other Brinks box is a lighter shade of blue. I hope its better than the darker blue box.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten a box that was darker blue and dated April 11, 2012 as well, it had 3 buffaloes and a war nickel, the war nickel popped out on roll #1.
The war nickel was 1943-S
Where in NJ do you hunt? I see you're in south jersey.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions