Its in the mail!!!

benjamingunn

Greenie
Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in the mail!!!

Asked the mrs for a md for my birthday (June). She said "you might as well just go ahead and order it." So I did. When I told her I did she said she meant when my birthday came. I told her that's not what she said. FedEx tracking says it will be here today. We all know what that means, it will be here tomorrow. Either way the good news is she's out of town for the weekend!!!! I can see it now, "yeah it came with the box open like that....."

Doc-USN(Ret)

Feb 24, 2013
Lexington, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear ya Ben!! I have an AT Pro on the way. Can't wait for it to arrive and start swinging it. Good luck and HH to you!!

Doc

Power Guy

Apr 2, 2013
Camino, CA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you tell her that there is a guy on Treasurenet that used his AT PRO and found a Bronco and a Jet fighter on his first day of detecteing. ( some little kid lost them in the park) LOL

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine last week! I love it and just two days ago I found my 1st gold ring.

You will enjoy it. Just hope she don't make you wait til June.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll end up buying another because SHE will be using it too much! TTC

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'd better find her a gold ring this weekend. :laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding - we got your back benjamingunn!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So are you sitting on your porch waiting for the FedEx Man? (With your laptop of course.)

OP
OP
B

benjamingunn

Greenie
Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***UPDATE***

Got it Saturday afternoon and took it right out. Cold and windy so didn't keep the kids out long but we did manage to find some "treasure". The bottom of a pop can and some other piece of scrap aluminum. Had a great time with my kids and they are now hooked also so it was a win win as far as I'm concerned.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
benjamingunn, 1st off, welcome to T-Net and good luck with that new detector.

You will find the vast majority of people here very friendly and helpful, then there's me :laughing7:

Now... This is my version of Helpful Hints From Heloise :tongue3:

Try to get as many of the details into the first draft of your thread, like the kids are home with me. :tongue3: Had I seen that the first time around I would have told you not to worry about the open box deal. Just tell the Mrs., the kids opened it by accident. :laughing7:

Looking forward to your finds, story, and pictures, so I can critique them :tongue3:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you got to go out and break it in. Of course it would be nice if every outting produced nothing but keepers. But reality is junk is part of the game. Thankfully it's not all trash and that first coin and ring and just plain cool item will make your, and your kids, day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread