SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: It's just me and a fish

kmcneil,
nice fish, nice Lund. :wink: ;D

Going to be in the Fort Leavenworth area for a bit.
Plan on a visit to the Arabia museum; Any good hunting
spots at the Military area that you know of?

have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
kmcneil

kmcneil

Jan 16, 2009
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Hey Shermanville, There are a lot of good sites I'm starting to find, The Arabia Museum is "Outstanding :thumbsup:" a must see if you come to this area. I met one of the guys that dug that thing(god rest his soul), he was killed in an auto accident not to long ago...I hear they may be digging another...I use to belong to a club here, there was a fellow member that found a Army Medal of Honor(CW era) in or around the town of Leavenworth awarded posthumusly for actions at a battle in PA I believe....Lots of history there!!!! Maybe we could do a little hunting when you are here..Always looking for hunting buddies....That fish is a: white or silver bass depending on what part of the country you are from. It was one of the biggest ones I have caught, about 4 lbs I think. Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:hello: Kmcneil, great to have you with us. Looks like we have another Kansas fellow to join the Rowdy Bunch when another Chisholm Trail Hunt comes up. Stayed tuned to the T-NET Member's Hunt thread. Good luck & happy hunting/fishing.

:wink: RR

Welcome10.jpg

Attachments

• Welcome10.jpg
    Welcome10.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 323

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

kmcneil said:
Hey Shermanville, There are a lot of good sites I'm starting to find, The Arabia Museum is "Outstanding :thumbsup:" a must see if you come to this area. I met one of the guys that dug that thing(god rest his soul), he was killed in an auto accident not to long ago...I hear they may be digging another...I use to belong to a club here, there was a fellow member that found a Army Medal of Honor(CW era) in or around the town of Leavenworth awarded posthumusly for actions at a battle in PA I believe....Lots of history there!!!! Maybe we could do a little hunting when you are here..Always looking for hunting buddies....That fish is a: white or silver bass depending on what part of the country you are from. It was one of the biggest ones I have caught, about 4 lbs I think. Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Hey Neil, Could you tell me who died in the wreck? One of their daughters was a waitress for me while she was in college. I think her dads name was Greg Hawley. I hate to hear that, I have been through their museum 3 times and it's always facinating. I only met her family a few times but they were always such nice folks to talk with and they loved to talk about their adventures trying to dig up the Arabia.

Thanks Charlie

OP
OP
kmcneil

kmcneil

Jan 16, 2009
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Hey Charlie, Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it was Greg...google his name...really sucks to lose that guy... Would love to hunt the old trail....KEEP ME POSTED!!!!! Best wishes to everyone :thumbsup:

Kent

OP
OP
kmcneil

kmcneil

Jan 16, 2009
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Hey bassfish...looks like you have a really nice "smalley" there....Love the way those bad boys fight :thumbsup:

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here in Southern Missouri we would call that a White Bass...could be a striper...hard to tell...

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006

kmcneil said:
Hey bassfish...looks like you have a really nice "smalley" there....Love the way those bad boys fight :thumbsup:

Close to 4lbs of mean. Love fishing smallies.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great lookin fish there bet it was fun catchin!

Attachments

• CE84464.jpg
    CE84464.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 366

Falcon

Apr 2, 2008
GA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter

Here in Georgia we call that dangly, striped thingy "FOOD"...Welcome aboard ;D

OP
OP
kmcneil

kmcneil

Jan 16, 2009
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

LMFAO!!!!!!! Yup that is a good call, Falcon

It is a white bass, up north they call them silver bass?. They breed these things with stripers and call them Hybrids........

Yes they are a blast to catch, but I'd rather be finding "goodies" with the MD'er Granny...

Thanks to all for the welcomes....and cheers to you all :coffee2: :thumbsup: ;D ;D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Hello, kmcneil. Welcome to mug shots. Nice catch.

Ray

OP
OP
kmcneil

kmcneil

Jan 16, 2009
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Just a few pictures of my "other hobbies" Hope you all enjoy :tongue3: :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Attachments

• DSC00479.JPG
    DSC00479.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00405.JPG
    DSC00405.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC01026.JPG
    DSC01026.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC01119 (2).JPG
    DSC01119 (2).JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 284
  • huntingbuddy.JPG
    huntingbuddy.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC01157(2).JPG
    DSC01157(2).JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 250

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great lookin Dobbie! And all the rest are great pics to show your intrest you look very busy! Post more love the house in the field too!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

You had me sold on them parts until that picture of that hissy creature. Nice striper, we got 'em in the pits around here but they don't get that fat very often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread