Its not all fun and games.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Found a 1907 V Nickle today, also wanted to share some behind the scenes images. :wink:
We see the great finds, but rarely see the 90% of trash. The blue bin and clear bin with the pull tabs is what I have dug this month and will be turning into my club tomorrow. Each month our members turn in our scrap metal and a designated member redeems it. We put the money in the treasury. Iv'e had the last two weeks off so have been detecting 5 days a week. The other images are clad I have collected for the last 7 months, my sorting table, keys, iron, bullets etc... I'm sure you can all identify with this. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_1314.JPG
    IMG_1314.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_1312.JPG
    IMG_1312.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 866
Upvote 0
Great stuff! Cool pics, thanks for sharing! If you can't identify with that then you are doing something wrong.

TG

yep that looks like the pile of scrap i have saved up this year :icon_thumleft: cool knives!!! MR TUFF

Some cool stuff. SAYYYYY, that bucket looks like it came out of my barn. I thought I was missing some because I could get in the door without any problem. :laughing7: It's cool you all sell the scrap. I take all the junk I dug to the dump and put it in the metal recycling container.

And to think he rummages through his pull tab bucket to find that cool one. Nice nice. :headbang:

My back hurts just by looking at that stuff............. at least your cleaning up the neighborhood..... :thumbsup:

Nice pile of coins...... :thumbsup:

Funny how that stuff builds up!!!! ya never know what you will digg up,,, :thumbsup:

thanks for sharin,,,

arthur

Attachments

• pulltabs.jpg
    pulltabs.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 626
  • pulltabs.jpg
    pulltabs.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 636
One day in the near future (3000) there will be a pull tab on the banner. People will be saying what is that, people used to open drinks with that? Wow!!!! ;D

Garabaldi said:
One day in the near future (3000) there will be a pull tab on the banner. People will be saying what is that, people used to open drinks with that? Wow!!!! ;D

and they may find one of those ones with 'winner' written on it as well & wonder what they won :icon_scratch: :D

thanks for sharing the trash pics! I save all mine and separate out aluminum, brass, copper, etc.....

whynot said:
Does your club donate the pull tabs or just recycle them?

They are a great way to help your local Ronald McDonald House programs...
Here is one example:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,51803.0.html
-whynot
Great sugestion. I just called the RMH in boston and they dont collect them but the Springfield mass branch does. I am going to meantion in tonight at our clubs meeting. Thans you WHYNOT. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for showing the pic. Some newbies will benefit from the realization that there is a huge amount of work involved in finding something good.

I have a question, though. When you turn in scrap metal for recycling, how well does it have to be sorted? Does all the dirt have to be washed out of the aluminum cans?

I have a couple bags of scrap that are all mixed together, very hard to identify by type. It seems sorting it would be a huge amount of work, but I don't want to throw it away.

Cooooool post, plus a great way to clean-up as well as make some $$$. Be sure to grap that harmonica blade and those pocket knives before you throw them out. Breezie

WhiteHunter said:
do you scrap the shells aswelll :crybaby2:

You know, I thought I saw a .45-70 case in there (keeper) and maybe a couple other decent ones in that pile.

I found a 33 Winchester case a few weeks ago (somewhat rare). :icon_thumright:

edit... on second look, is that a .50-70 case in the photo? Looks kind of fat.

And BTW, if you ever find a brass shotgun shell case, don't you dare throw that away! I have been looking for one for years and still haven't dug one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back