SDBob

Jun 11, 2013
SE South Dakota
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ5, Tesero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's official...I'm a prospector!

I joined the GPAA in March and went to my first claim this past weekend in the South Dakota Black Hills.
Thanks to Jim and Dave for all the advice and help.
Here's a pic of my first gold!! 001.jpg

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's official...I'm a prospector!

Congrats on the nice gold and welcome to the world of prospecting for wild gold!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold for the first time out! My first was 1 speck about the size of your black sand. Tiny, but, IT'S GOLD!!!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
"Public Service Announcement"..... It has been found that exposure to "Wild Gold" is hazardous to the health of Homo Sapiens and has been listed as a mind controlling PARASITE! Once infected there is no hope of recovery and symptoms can only be controlled by the acquisition of more wild gold.

"End Announcement"

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job and welcome!
Good luck trying to think of anything else now :occasion14:

Yards gonna look like s*&#$, Garage a mess with piles of debris and gear everywhere. Buckets everywhere in the backyard filled with material from all these different places you've gotten out and explored, still waiting to be panned......And the DIY bug is dang near as bad, so you end up with all these dang side projects making gear you don't want to buy, but you think you can't live with out. And many times I need to be reminded I have a mortgage and family to feed......

Prospecting truly is a freaking Ubr Hobby!!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
My first piece of gold that I got was given to me and it was a picker! That set the hook in me over 20 years ago and its still there but the ole bones are saying WHHHHHHHOOOOOOA Dog slow down! But sometimes I don't listen to my own good advice! :)

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well all I gotta say to you SDBob is............. You are in trouble now.............:laughing7:

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Public Service Announcement"..... It has been found that exposure to "Wild Gold" is hazardous to the health of Homo Sapiens and has been listed as a mind controlling PARASITE! Once infected there is no hope of recovery and symptoms can only be controlled by the acquisition of more wild gold.

"End Announcement"

Gold contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause addictions, irrational behavior, and other mental and physical harm.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a thrill!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause addictions, irrational behavior, and other mental and physical harm.

Look out guy's he's done for!!! Nice job SDBob let the sickness begin!! :tongue3: :laughing7:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
The best part about this addiction is it is the only one your spouse will encourage and help you pack up for. Oddly enough the more you bring home the faster they send you back, if you bring enough home they tend to forget some of those things that tend to bother them when you are home.

Congrats on your first gold.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That there is funny but true.

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I miss it there in SD, I was stationed at Ellsworth but did start digging til 2006 when in utah. I'm in AZ now, good butter here, but I wish now I hit up the black hills when I lived there, more than just for the fishing. That was the best place I've ever lived, good people and places. How are the claims out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread