It's official! My patent has been published!

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, Ducky! We'll see how it goes. I didn't do it for the money, thankfully, so if it makes some, that would be icing on the cake. I told Chris (my wife), that if all I got out of this was a really good prospecting device for my own use, it would be worth the money and effort. I really like using my Sweep Jig. I find myself using it in places I never thought I'd be able to use powered equipment. I always have it in the pickup, or on the ATV, and ready to go. Most of the time, I use it dry. There are tons of places that have never been prospected because of lack of water. This opens the door to working those spots. And, it's low water requirements, when running wet, makes tiny little creeks workable, too.
Jim

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim I could not view a single page from the link, no matter what I clicked on. But I did get to see the video and my first thought was, have you tested this with diamonds yet? Seems like it would work even better on diamonds.

Also when does this go into production, because even if you not going to test this on diamonds, I sure as heck would like to and have the perfect spot to do so. I hate the hard work of prospecting for diamonds, but it would appear that this device has removed the part I hate.

Keep trying to convince my wife that she should give me a hand; but she thinks I am making black jokes. LOL

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OJ, PM me your email addy, and I'll send the .pdf of the patent. I'm not sure I can post it on here, but will give it a try.
As for gemstones....I have no idea how well this will work on them. The problem is a serious issue called "Granular Convection". You can look that up on the 'net. What it amounts to is the tendency of small granules, of any material, to float larger granules to the top. Also known as the "Brazil Nut Effect". The reason for the relatively slow speed of my Sweep Jig, is to prevent that from happening, but unless the fed raw material is classified really tightly, the GC still floats out the larger material, including anything with a specific gravity ratio of less than 4:1. Nobody has ever figured out how to get around that, including me, although the SJ seems to get around it to some extent. This is all assuming you'd be working dry. Water tends to minimize the effect of GC.
The best unit I have for diamonds, and other gems is the my mineral jig. You can see it here: I sell the plans on Ebay, but haven't had any requests for finished jigs for a couple of years, so have none available. If you think you might want one, PM me. The patent .pdf can be opened in Adobe reader, or saved. Just click on the pdf link
Chris doesn't do much mining either...LOL Though she does enjoy searching for colorful rocks.
Jim

View attachment Patent10.pdf

Attachments

• 0.pdf
    649.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

bandwealth

Jan 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the app on my iPhone. I like it but I miss the "like" function and notifications as they are not part of the app that I can see. Is this going to be updated in the future?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread