its ok to pee on my grave

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I have some concerns which some of you may help clear up. Recently I received an email from someone about American Mining Rights Association.. It contained there 990 ez.. Now the person who sent me the email had some questions in the Information presented.. Their first concern was that none of the Raffles and Fundraising events were reported. Also he was not aware of the actual dates this 990ez form was meant to include.. Jan1 2014 - to Dec 31 2014? Or does it include part of 2015 as well?
Also one of the questions asked of me was how to tell where his donations went? Or where did the money go for the raffles he bought for Amra Fundraising. Also he asked me what part of the 990ez showed the contirbutions Amra has made to the Mining community? His intention was to support the dredging case here in California.. Now he wonders if his money or the Raffles tickets he bought were given to that cause.. And since The 990 ez shows no Raffles and Fundraising events I too share his concern.. He has been participating in AMRA raffles before AMRA even got there non profit status.. No records at the Attorney General office shows any info on these Raffles that AMRA has engaged in.. Even though over 2014 and 2015 Amra has supposebly been donated Guns and dredges gold and many many other things.. According to AMRA these Items were donated by individuals and businesses. Where are the information on these Raffles? how much earned where the money go? I have yet to be able to track down any info regarding AMRA Fundraising events.. Not in 2014 not in 2015.. Anyway in truth for me that email raised allot of questions and the more I looked the more questions I had...

Anyway I was hoping that maybe some of you had some insight that may help me put my mind at ease and others.

I am also wondering on AMRA claims? Are they AMRA Claims? Does AMRA only get claims thru Donations? Are there records of these donations? Does AMRA own the MINERAL RIGHTS or are they Leasing these claims from private claim holders? Is it as simple as me saying AMRA members can use my claim? Does the actual claim holder hold any responsibilities to the Public in donating their claim for AMRA use? Are Claims Owners Compensated for there Donations at all? Maybe a free Membership to the Club? Or a tax right off? Or is a simple go ahead and use my claim to support AMRA good enough? Also when AMRA Directors stake claims for AMRA members do they as an individual own the rights to the Minerals or is it the entity that owns the rights? I have yet to see any claims staked under the AMRA association.. So is it ok for AMRA to use funds to stake claims under the names of individuals on the AMRA Board of Directors? Are AMRA funds being used to purchase claims for individuals? Even if they allow AMRA members to use the claim the mineral rights still belong to the individual so are they profiting by using Non profit resources to purchase themselves Mineral Rights?

It is not my intention to accuse anyone of illegal or wrong doing. I am just looking to find answers to questions I have been unable to find.. A vast majority of Non Profits put allot of Emphasis on Transparency and it makes life so much easier not just for the donors but the Non Profit Org itself n truth when it comes to AMRA all I get is questions and dead ends..

So I ask your help in you helping me understand some of the questions I have brought up and any other imput one might have in regards to this topic..

Attachments

• 462375557_201412_990EZ.pdf
    636.1 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
East Bay Prospectors is a gold & treasure hunting club

So are the East FORK Gold Prospectors, which along with the Route 66 Miners are the ones who were sponsoring the event MM is questioning that AMRA attended on the San Gabriel. Probably better check out their status as well, this is really sounding like a major conspiracy to me (insert sarcastic imoge here).

Personally I believe you owe Pucky and the EB guys an apology, for bringing them into this witch hunt. From my dealings with Pucky he is one of the most genuine and committed individuals to whats right for mining that I can think of.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I'm taking bets on how many pages we have left before this thread has chains wrapped around it and the dreaded lock slams home. I'll say two? :skullflag:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well crap, didn't win Powerball and it stopped raining. :(

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the East fork club that had them down there. That is the trip Shannon mentions in my pasted message. I didn't realize it was name confusion. I thought Victor was picking another club to expose.I guess maybe it was confusion as to what other clubs were HOSTING AMRA's visit. There are so many holes in the intent and motivations behind this inquisition that I am having a hard time following the plot twists. I still am trying to figure out what the end result must be for justice to be properly served, so, that Victor can have his proper satisfaction.

I still feel that the best thing to do would be to reach out, ask questions directly and offer to help an orginization that has good intentions better itself if need be. But, I guess it's past that now we mustn't change our minds theres work to do....and that work is to kill....end...squash...chuck out..make gone.... abolish....keel haul...embarrass...defame...something ..something must be done to AMRA or ..or someone is still gonna be MAD be cause he decided it's the right thing to do.

Gosh next time we all leave our houses we might as well start stopping door to door at every business start asking questions. Go home and spend some time sorting out their books. because I gaurantee you every fourth business is fudging something or at least not doing something quite right. If your fat go after yoga places.. If your vegan go after the meat markets. If you don't like kids nail Toys r Us to the wall. If we all make as many atempts as we can collectively we will be able to get atleast one of the many thousands of businesses that are screwing their employees and actually don't care about thier customers.
After we hone our skills and learn to actually look into things before we attack.We will know how to skip over the good guys and go after the real propblems like C.B.D. and the Sierra Fund. We could learn to be better speakers and spend time at the Capitol like Shannon (myself and many many others have btw). Then once we get more of us together we can be better at standing together. and we won't have to be fearsome of the s.w.r.s.b.
Yep, we don't need to start this with just one personal mission. We should poke enough people in the eye until someone screams what we want to hear. I think it will make us all feel better..Maybe nah it probly won't but, I already decided thats what should happen so I'm goin' with it.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm surprised this is still the topic of the day. ??? I would have thought this thread would die a natural death after MadMarshall bowed out. Now it really is tilting at windmills. I'm having a hard time imagining how MadMarshall could injure anything but feelings by asking questions about how miners groups operate. This discussion about an organization that represents only dredgers will no doubt go on until everyone gets comfortable with the idea that MadMarshall or anyone else can ask questions about what happens to money donated to a non profit.

On another thread I offered the materials needed to help save nearly 7,000 claims with a few emails. Simple but effective.

I know those 7,000 claims aren't in eastern California and it probably doesn't matter to most people that 10 million acres are about to be closed to new claims. After all if it's not in your neck of the woods - why would you care? Just remember the fate of those 10 million acres when the Secretary determines the California house mouse is not endangered and therefore the whole State of California needs to be closed to mining so they can study why the house mouse is doing so well. :BangHead:

Heavy Pans

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay .. You make me nervous.. I thought I was doing alright.. One foot or did I manage to get both feet in my mouth this time..

Just a few toes at this point Victor but watch out that hangnail looks it like it's infected. :laughing7:

Small non profits like the one you are chasing (under $50,000 a year) don't have any legal requirement to report their financial details with the IRS. A simple "we still exist and our contact information is still the same" is enough. That's called an e postcard or 990n.

The information on a 990 report is open to the public. When requested in writing the non profit is required to arrange a time when you can come to their office and view them. With the internet it's easy to get copies of 990s now without even asking the organization that filed them. Non profits are not required to reveal any more information about their finances than what's on that 990. You have no more right to inspect their books or the details of their business than you would for the auto repair shop down the street.

That being said I would hope that any nonprofit asking for support from the public would have the wisdom to honor requests for more information whether they are required by law to do so or not. Transparency is one of the foundations of trust. If you don't trust an organization why would you support them?

Heavy Pans

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay Diggins- "This discussion about an organization that represents only dredgers will no doubt go on until everyone gets comfortable with the idea that MadMarshall or anyone else can ask questions about what happens to money donated to a non profit."

Only dredgers? Not so, I believe the Sept 12, San Gabriel get together AMRA attented was to protest Obama's Executive Action land grab shutting down the San Gabriel to panning.

Yep I agree most don't care enough about our disappearing public land and access to it. Although I will say, I attented a few of the Frog and Toad ESA land grab hearings, the only mining rights advocacy organizations I ever saw, or heard speak at any of them was WMA, PLP, and AMRA. Same with many of the other mining related hearings and meetings that get a public outcry for attendance such as the recent SB637 crud.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay Diggins- "This discussion about an organization that represents only dredgers will no doubt go on until everyone gets comfortable with the idea that MadMarshall or anyone else can ask questions about what happens to money donated to a non profit."

Only dredgers? Not so, I believe the Sept 12, San Gabriel get together AMRA attented was to protest Obama's Executive Action land grab shutting down the San Gabriel to panning.

Yep I agree most don't care enough about our disappearing public land and access to it. Although I will say, I attented a few of the Frog and Toad ESA land grab hearings, the only mining rights advocacy organizations I ever saw, or heard speak at any of them was WMA, PLP, and AMRA. Same with many of the other mining related hearings and meetings that get a public outcry for attendance such as the recent SB637 crud.

Thanks for your support of the miners in Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming fowledup! :thumbsup: I'm glad to hear you wrote your congresscritters to express your opinion and share the facts with them. If miners just learn to time their actions to when they are most effective they might get some traction.

I like panning too.

Heavy Pans

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for your support of the miners in Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming fowledup! :thumbsup: I'm glad to hear you wrote your congresscritters to express your opinion and share the facts with them. If miners just learn to time their actions to when they are most effective they might get some traction.

I like panning too.

Heavy Pans

You bet! I don't discriminate when it comes to mining rights, that and I have a bigger problem with the Federal Government grabbing our land than I do with the big mining companies. I'm sure the S&B, or Newmont boys will thank me as well next time I see them at a function or hearing where it's the small miners in need.:icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher, you need to read our rules, insults and attacks on other members is not allowed...I have a link to rules in my signature line....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread