Its on!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's on!

Today I took a box of rolled dimes into the bank and the teller told me to just dump them in the bag and she has to send out. No fee but I couldn't get cash. It's weird. I just had like 5 banks in a row tell me to roll the coin and then this so I decided to just stop at like 5 random branches that I have never been to before. They ALL told me they prefer bagged coin. No fees just wait for deposit.....hmmm, strange last week it was the exact opposite. When I asked why the branch policies were so random they looked perplexed and looked like they didn't think it would be any different at another branch even though we all no it is.
Anyway who cares I just found 4 new dump banks that will let me bring in bagged coin for no fee. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long do they make you wait for the deposit?

Again, pretty random. It ranged from 3 days to 2 weeks. The delay is a drag but I think as long as you have bankroll it is preferable to rerolling. Only time will tell. Right now I have more bankroll than I do free time so it shouldn't effect anything. I was cool with rerolling because I work a lot so my time at the bank is limited but I have plenty of time at home to reroll so I was able to keep up. This should in the end increase my volume and decrease my hassle. Will have to see how the delays effect bankroll. And then there is of course the chance of being shorted.......uh, makes me throw up a little... But with this hobby it is a must to stay diligent with your records and especially your receipts. Hopefully nothing bad ever happens.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. Be sure to keep the customer receipt at the top of the bag, it should tear off. Fill out the denomination, date, and total (or have the teller do it). If they dont hand you cash on the spot, that receipt is the only thing that will save you if the bank looses a bag. HH man.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump bags at td for free i do up to 12 bags with $750 in each.At one time and i have 5 banks i can use right now.Fast and easy!!!

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump bags at td for free i do up to 12 bags with $750 in each.At one time and i have 5 banks i can use right now.Fast and easy!!!

Holy cow man, they have been cool with that week-week? No sideways looks?

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:

Do they give you problems about giving you 9000 dollars cash? Do you call ahead and tell them your going to need that much or do you just go to the same banks on the same days?

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea yea, so your the king. No need to rub it in. If I was retired I could do triple what your doing. Hehehe

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's gonna be my new signature. Maxwell the Geico piggy. LMAO

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some people getting bags but where do you get the bags of coins? Do you have to buy the empty bags or do you buy them full from the bank?
Thanks for the help,
~Sax Player

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread