thsfineday

Apr 20, 2009
Taylor, MI.
Detector(s) used
omega 8000, ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only been...

It's only been 2 weeks since my last outing and i am already going through some major withdraws. I am looking outside right now and there is no way to even think about getting out. I think it is going to be a very long winter.

On a brighter note though. I did pick up a new 9 x 12 coil, a new garrett pro pointer set, and a new loop to read those hard to find coin dates and jewelry marks.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: It's only been...

now is the time to do research on likely places to hunt, not just the ones you see.
go to retirement homes and talk to them about what they used to do and where
check old maps and atlases for old home sites, picnic grounds, fairgrounds
the list is really endless, plus it keeps you pumped up for spring

M

michigan michael

I feel your pain neighbor! you are close, we should plan a hunt this summer. Anyways at least winter is started and we are now working towards spring. Guess it could be worse. I am not sure Virginia will ever see grass again!
MM

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I almost went woods hunting today but I decided to wait till around noon tomorrow and go for it, heck I figure it's a lot warmer metal detecting in the woods with my ice fishing cloths on than it is out ice fishing and it's easy digging in the woods, the only thing is I have to clear the snow and frozen layer of leaves and then diggin is smooth sailing from there. If it's snowing very hard I won't go though.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, a long winter indeed! I'm super busy with Christmas prep right now which is probably a good thing. Seeing Giant's posts may entice me into the woods after the holidays but before school restarts in the new year.

Time for research! Also, I have the Garrett propointer and you will love it. Can't hunt without it now. :icon_thumright:

HH

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Me too! Need to dig bad!

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

I Really wanna dig something! Just please not any more snow this week!

I keep looking at the snowbanks, wondering if I took my snowblower through the woods......?

Just too much, and froze too hard up here already. I guess I should just be glad I'm not in the UP, eh?

Good Luck!
Mark

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

Ahh, well, diggin' in the woods is fine and dandy, but how do I get past the 18" to 24" of snow standing on the ground?

Even in the woods the snow is already too deep up here to walk very far, let alone swing a coil over.

Good Luck,
Mark

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

Now Rando, in the interests of great Holiday Spirit, and and Good Will Toward Men, if you just wish hard for a White Christmas, and tap your heels together three times, maybe, just maybe you could have some of our snow, and we could ALL have a Merry Christmas! What do you say? Please......! LOL

Good Luck!
Mark

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

.......still pulling silver......seasons greetings from the armchair......all winter long. ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions