It’s raining pretty good so sherd Saturday?

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_5314.jpeg
    IMG_5314.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
Upvote 8

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Those are nice. I usually give mine away if I even keep it. I have one design I keep if I find any. It’s called, The Circle of Life
It’s a rare design from my area. I’m hoping one day to have a whole frame of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1722.jpeg
    IMG_1722.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rained hard here to while at the show around 1 pm
I saw on another post you mentioned cleaning a point. Do you do anything special, or is it just a dish soap, water, toothbrush operation? Sorry for all the questions btw. This is all new to me.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
They are predicting that we should get rain in October or November, but no guarantees (kidding of course)

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I saw on another post you mentioned cleaning a point. Do you do anything special, or is it just a dish soap, water, toothbrush operation? Sorry for all the questions btw. This is all new to me.
If it is coated with slime you can soak them in vinegar for a couple of days. Just flip it over between days. If it chert. If it’s a softer material I wouldn’t go that long. Still have to use a toothbrush

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
They are predicting that we should get rain in October or November, but no guarantees (kidding of course)
We were in a bad drought in 2009. It’s been raining every since. One year it started raining in October and didn’t stop unt March the next year. We get rain every week just about now. Makes you appreciate the sun until it gets to be 100 degrees

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I'm thinking in my off time I'll use all of the pottery sherds and flakes that I have to make some kind of mosaic to display it all.
A shadow bow works great for pottery. Just use Elmer’s glue. Elmers can be removed with warm water.
On cleaning points if you ever find one coated with algae like this Savannah River. First thing you want to do is let it dry out then brush it off. It should flake off easily. Then if it’s still dirty use a toothbrush on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpeg
    IMG_1604.jpeg
    356.8 KB · Views: 6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread