Its Raining SILVER!! 12 Silver Day! ~ 18 Total Silver, 49 Wheats!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
It's Raining SILVER!! 12 Silver Day! ~ 18 Total Silver, 49 Wheats!!

Hello Everyone!

Today was just one of those days that I was in the zone. I wasn't quite sure where I was going to detect this morning, until Val (DanaPointVal) called me and said he wanted to go out detecting if I was going somewhere. I suggested somewhere local, like maybe his researched spot that he found last year, where he and Jayson (staydetuned) raped and pillaged the silver there. Val said, "Let's give it a try"! I was excited. The heavy rains from the prior days really saturated the ground, and it felt like I could hear every little fluty signal in the ground down to 10" with my SE. I just knew this was going to be a good day when my very first signal was a Rosie and a wheat in the same hole at 8+". The next few hours, I started pulling silver out of the ground like it was the good old days. Many were between 7-9 inches. Just a very faint, fluty signal. I ended the day with 11 silver dimes (6 Rosies, 5 Mercurys), along with 20 something wheats, and a sterling leaf earring. The other silver and wheats in my second pic were from two previous hunts. A couple of Mercs came from Dr. Joe's Erosion Beach, and a few more, including the small silver earring, came from a local 50's park I hunted yesterday.

Val, thanks for agreeing to hunt your spot. It was a killer day for me. I know I wouldn't have been able to do as well anywhere else. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It's really hard to have days like this anymore around here. I will relish this one for a while.

Oh, today's silver put me well over the 2 year, 1000 silver coin mark since I purchased my SE back in '07. :headbang: Today was a great ending to another fantastic year of metal detecting for the DEEP coinage here in S. Cal!! :occasion18:

Thanks for looking, and Happy Holidays to All!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• 12_Silver_121908.jpg
    12_Silver_121908.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 982
  • IMG_3262_sm.jpg
    IMG_3262_sm.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_3259.JPG
    IMG_3259.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 978
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's Raining SILVER!! 12 Silver Day! ~ 18 Total Silver, 49 Wheats!!

Nice work, my friend! Still pulling out the old silver by the handfulls.

Glad to see that your sites are still producing. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Buckles

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome job bud!!! Keep on raken in those wild silvas!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P

Pentico

Captin,
Congrats on passing 1K silver mark, that is just awesome!
We raise a toast, Beer for your horses and whiskey for your men!

Denver

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations Dan on a fantastic year for silvers!! :thumbsup:
Weather has been, well, not very good here for detecting so haven't been
getting out. All of us have been "Jonesin" for a chance to go....
Hope you do as well next year as you have this year. Happy Holidays!!
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other

Wait a minute, it rains in southern California?

Well, if it's gonna rain, it might as well be Mercs & Rossy's.....

Amazing finds and an amazing year you had.

I hope you'll post a pic showing those 1,000+ silvers???

Congrats...

Brian in MA

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan,

Like always brother u always come up with some great silver! I love your silver littered post that remind me of the coins left in the ground along with the gold! Keep up the great finds till the end of the year and I hope you get some more. Let me know when your posting your annual so I can throw mine up with you!

Great hunting Dan!!

Crackbadger

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250

Dan,

You're awesome, man! :thumbsup: Considering that you passed my lifetime finds in silver and wheaties in one day. I can't wait to upgrade my detector and see what I can do around here next year when the weather thaws. I'm chomping at the bit!!! Congratulations and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

HH,

Dr. Ace

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -

WOW !!!! That's awesome Dan, Can you record the sound of silver so I can remember what it sounds like. The weather sucks around Illinois. Have a Good one and Good luck on your next hunt. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Yea Dan, let's see you top that year buddy. :thumbsup: Nice finds all year Dan, you are in deed in the zone all the time. I can't wait for the winter weather to stop(forever)..LOL...I am aching to get out there and do some diggin' Merry Christmas man and Happy New Year from the Great White Midwest! jgas

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Sounds like you had an awesome day! Nice job on the silver! Unfortunatly our season up here in Washington is over for me because of the snow :( Have a great day! :) Happy hunting! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

phantomfinder said:
WTG , Hope next year is better for you :thumbsup:

Thanks, phantomfinder. I hope you're right, but I think it will be diminishing with each year that goes by....that's the law of diminishing silver returns in the turf. :'( If I move to a different State, that could change things some. ;D

Good job!!! No telling how much is left out there!!!

Thanks, BigTime1973. You're right about that!!

juju said:
;D
Now thats just plain disgusting. Once he sees this post, Detectingfreak will never stop complaining. I think he is even thinkin about gettin a Captain SE tattoo. He is your biggest fan. WTG as always.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Thanks, JuJu! I hope my finds just inspires DF to get out there when he can and swing his machine!

DrJoePrime said:
Dan, BIG CONGRATS on surpassing your 1000th Silver coin with the SE. It's an amazing remarkable feat and definitely proves it's skill and the right machine...no luck involved. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can you estimate how many holes that took? Between 5000 to 10,000? Yikes I know you've mentioned how many wheats you have...but the number is so large it leaves my memory almost immediately!

HH Joe

Thanks, Joe. Wow, it would be hard to figure out the number of plugs I've made in two years time. Thousands and thousands.....but I do have a more accurate count of my wheaties in the 2 years....around 4800.

Bertman said:
Simply Outstanding!!!! Congrats on passing the 1,000 wilver mark Captn_SE... :thumbsup:
What is the date on that toasted merc to the right in your pic?

HH Robert

Thanks, Robert! That merc is really toasted....I can't read a date on it...probably a common 40's. You should have seen what it looked like when I popped it out of the ground....it was furry, and as white as an albino. :o

Mike_of_Tenn said:
WOW! :o Now that is a DAY for sure! man a BIG CONGRATS!!!! :thumbsup:

Mike

Thanks, MIke! Good luck to you!!

oddcoins said:
OH MAN!!! That's SWEET!!!!! 12 silvers in ONE DAY?!! My personal best is 5 silver coins in one day ~ which I've done like 4 or 5 times!

CONGRAT'S DAN! You are a detecting GOD!!!

8^)

Thanks, Neil!! Appreciate it! Hope that weather get a little better up there so you can detect a little.

sweet digs

HH
-GC

Thanks, GC!! Good luck! :thumbsup:

You set a very high benchmark for the rest of us. No way I can compete with that, you rock!

Thanks, Anthony!! I hope you're doing well with your E-Trac. Competing is futile. Each of our areas will produce their own set of unique finds.

crazyjarhead said:
You Da man, Dan!!!!! You Da Man, Dan!!!!!!! :icon_sunny: :thumbsup: You should just hunt silver for a living :wink: Fantastic hunt

Thanks, Ron!! I wish I could. I've yet to find a job that fulfills me as much as detecting does. :icon_scratch:

kimsdad said:
Incredible!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

Thanks, Neil! Appreciate it!!

civilman1 said:
Love the Ole Granny earring there Dan.....and it's marked ;D !2 Silver day is unbelievable to me anyday.....Can't wait for the 08' Find's Bud,going to be Sweet.Congrat's :thumbsup:

Thanks, Civil! Is that what the earring is? ;D ;D ;D Yeah, I always look forward to the year end posts! I see some folks have already started creating them. I've got to start looking at them.

Ed-NH said:
Great day out there gotta love the silver 8)

Thanks, Ed!! I do love the silver!!

seger98 said:
OMG, you owe your buddy a beer :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14:

Thanks, Seger98! Don't worry...I've shown my buddy a few good parks too.

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used

silverfreak said:
[email protected]e are my sunglasses?? ;D All of that shiny stuff is hurting my eyes :sunny:
That's a one day total that takes me back to the early 1980's. Don't 'ya miss those days ::)...Oh...I guess not...cause' you just had one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Even in the 80's I don't think I ever popped our 12 in a day though :-\
That is a jackload :thumbsup:

Thanks, Bryce!! If we all had Explorers back in the 80's, there'd be very little left in the ground to find today. We'll see what it will be like in 8-10 years from now. Take care, buddy!!

kdismuke1 said:
that was a awesome hunt. you are the one. nice silver. :thumbsup:

Thanks!! Yes, I'm One with my machine, but not the "One". ;D ;D

halfdime said:
Who needs 50 in a row when you can pop out a dozen on a whim! ;D That moisture in the soil is man's best friend, no matter what else may lay claim to it.

Thanks, Henry. You're right about that. If I could pop out a dozen at a time, I wouldn't even be counting consecutive hunts.

Man....when they're poppin' like that, its hard to go home...great job!!

Thanks, Jopher!! I was definitely content with driving home after my 5 hour hunt. I was smiling all the way home....and very hungry too! ;D

Always hard to top a day like that and they are now few and far apart, UNLESS you research!! What a great day and congrats on both a handful of silver and going over 1000 silver with the SE!!

Thanks, Jack. You're right, days like this are few and far between now. I'm still relishing the day.

LUCKY DOG

Thanks, Homer!! I'll take luck in any way, shape, or form!! ;D ;D

BuckleElf said:
Nice work, my friend! Still pulling out the old silver by the handfulls.

Glad to see that your sites are still producing. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Buckles

Thanks, Buckles!! If this was my site, it would have been wiped clean of the silver/oldies last year sometime. My buddy found a great spot through research.

TreasureFiend said:
Awesome job bud!!! Keep on raken in those wild silvas!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Fiend!! I'm still raking them in. It's still sunny here too.

Captin,
Congrats on passing 1K silver mark, that is just awesome!
We raise a toast, Beer for your horses and whiskey for your men!

Denver

Thanks, Denver!! Jack and Coke for me, please!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gold nuggets said:
Congratulations Dan on a fantastic year for silvers!! :thumbsup:
Weather has been, well, not very good here for detecting so haven't been
getting out. All of us have been "Jonesin" for a chance to go....
Hope you do as well next year as you have this year. Happy Holidays!!
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Thanks, Gold Nuggets!! Sorry to hear about the weather in your area. Even when I couldn't hunt for a few days last week because of the torrential rains, I was Jonesing. I'm glad the rain is gone for now.

peanut695 said:
Wait a minute, it rains in southern California?

Well, if it's gonna rain, it might as well be Mercs & Rossy's.....

Amazing finds and an amazing year you had.

I hope you'll post a pic showing those 1,000+ silvers???

Congrats...

Brian in MA

Thanks Brian! Yep, raining Mercs and Rosies, with the occasional "Old Granny" earring!! ;D ;D So you want to see what a 1000 dug silvers looks like? Hmmm, I haven't even combined them yet to see what it looks like myself. Well, when I do my year-end post, I will show them.

Dan,

Like always brother u always come up with some great silver! I love your silver littered post that remind me of the coins left in the ground along with the gold! Keep up the great finds till the end of the year and I hope you get some more. Let me know when your posting your annual so I can throw mine up with you!

Great hunting Dan!!

Crackbadger

Hey, thanks Brandon!! I hope you're still on the beach pulling massive amounts of 24 Kt gold out of there. That was truly an amazing post you made!! Take care!!

Dr. Ace said:
Dan,

You're awesome, man! :thumbsup: Considering that you passed my lifetime finds in silver and wheaties in one day. I can't wait to upgrade my detector and see what I can do around here next year when the weather thaws. I'm chomping at the bit!!! Congratulations and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

HH,

Dr. Ace

Thanks, Bruce!! Happy Holidays to your and yours too!!

t-bucket said:
WOW !!!! That's awesome Dan, Can you record the sound of silver so I can remember what it sounds like. The weather sucks around Illinois. Have a Good one and Good luck on your next hunt. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary!! When you get back out there, you'll be a "newbie" all over again.... ;D ;D Well, how about a "well seasoned newbie"... :tongue3:

jgas said:
Yea Dan, let's see you top that year buddy. :thumbsup: Nice finds all year Dan, you are in deed in the zone all the time. I can't wait for the winter weather to stop(forever)..LOL...I am aching to get out there and do some diggin' Merry Christmas man and Happy New Year from the Great White Midwest! jgas

Thanks, Jgas!! I hope that weather lets up a little for you...I know how much you must be wanting to go out!! Merry Christmas and HNY to you too!!

Detectingfreak said:
Sounds like you had an awesome day! Nice job on the silver! Unfortunatly our season up here in Washington is over for me because of the snow :( Have a great day! :) Happy hunting! :thumbsup:

Thanks, DF. I'm really sorry to hear about the weather in your area. You're going to have to live through our finds down South here. It's year round detecting in S. Cal...

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6

Congrat,s Dan!!!!!!!!! I knew you could do it :thumbsup:
1000 ;D

G1

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The CAPTAIN strikes silver again!!! Ya know, I grew up in Orange, Ca. and remember them good ol days when rosies and mercs were everywhere to be found with my trusty old Whites Coinmaster.

Rick

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE

Will you stop already, you are making all us frozen people feel bad. Ha Ha, just kidding. Congrats on all that silver. You are right it looks like it was raining silver. May you have many more days like that. HH
JDD

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's alway fun to hit a virgin site. Congrats on all your finds, they really look nice.

HH, Ringfinder

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer

Congrats on finding your 1000th Silver coin Dan, Continued Success for 2009.

KINGPULLTAB

May 8, 2007
VALRICO FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 1000-QUATTRO-SE X-TERRA 70-ACE 250

Great great job.

Have a great Christmas JIM AKA KINGPULLTAB

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

That's a great haul and I'm glad you had a good time! Also congrats on going over the 1000 silver coin mark with your new MD!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread