Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's tiny. But Silver and another First!

Hey tneters,
Have not posted in a while cause of three family members in the hospital over the last 2 weeks.But all are back home at least.But has been a serious deal for two and still not out of the woods yet.
But did get out today and done some MDing.Felt good to be out on some alone time.As it has been awhile for me it feels.And our weather has been bad so far this fall.
Made another fist find for me today.It's a 3center but I'm scared to clean it much cause not sure on the date of it.I believe the date is there just hard to say what for sure.If anyone can help on a cleaning method I would like to hear.Also found a button that is hard to see but has a train and little coal car behind it another first but not in very good shape.
Anyway took a lot of pics. today hope you enjoy.
Pete, :hello:

Attachments

• 101_0006.jpg
    101_0006.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 619
  • 101_0007.jpg
    101_0007.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 614
  • 101_0008.jpg
    101_0008.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 616
  • 101_0009.jpg
    101_0009.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 621
  • 101_0010.jpg
    101_0010.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 608
  • 101_0016.jpg
    101_0016.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 603
  • 101_0015.jpg
    101_0015.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 606
  • 101_0014.jpg
    101_0014.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 609
  • 101_0013.jpg
    101_0013.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 608
  • 101_0012.jpg
    101_0012.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 621
  • 101_0011.jpg
    101_0011.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 611
  • 101_0017.jpg
    101_0017.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 602
Upvote 0
Re: It's tiny. But Silver and another First!

more!

Attachments

• 101_0018.jpg
    101_0018.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 614
  • 101_0019.jpg
    101_0019.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 595
  • 101_0020.jpg
    101_0020.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 594
  • 101_0021.jpg
    101_0021.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 592
  • 101_0023.jpg
    101_0023.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 594

Nothing wrong with that!

Hi Timekiller,
Sorry to hear about your family, but my thoughts and best wishes are with you. When you come from this side of the pond, finds like "3 cents" don't mean that much, but only because I've never heard of them. Is this 1) scarce 2) valuable 3) or what. Having said that until I joined Tnet I hadn't heard of 1/2 cents, so I am learning a lot from you guys :icon_thumright:.

All the best

hammered

hammered said:
Hi Timekiller,
Sorry to hear about your family, but my thoughts and best wishes are with you. When you come from this side of the pond, finds like "3 cents" don't mean that much, but only because I've never heard of them. Is this 1) scarce 2) valuable 3) or what. Having said that until I joined Tnet I hadn't heard of 1/2 cents, so I am learning a lot from you guys :icon_thumright:.

All the best

hammered
It is rare for us I'd say but can also be worth a little to if the date is a rare one

Looks like the hunt served the purpose, a day to relax and a few finds as a bonus. I've never found a silver 3 center.

Iron Patch said:
Looks like the hunt served the purpose, a day to relax and a few finds as a bonus. I've never found a silver 3 center.
Hey there Friend,me either and boy they are little. :laughing9: I thought my half dime I found was little but I had to rethink. :D :hello:

Nice finds TK ... congratz on that sweet 3 center that's high on my wish list for sure!

Sweet bit of silver. Hope it turns out to be a key date for ya. :thumbsup:

Sweet three center, Pete! :headbang: :notworthy: I have only dug one so far. They are definitely not easy to find.

I'm glad to hear that the family members are OK. :icon_sunny:

Kyle

KylePA said:
Sweet three center, Pete! :headbang: :notworthy: I have only dug one so far. They are definitely not easy to find.

Kyle
Hey buddy,There home anyway.That's a start for sure. :hello2: Yea these little guy's would be very easy to pass around man they are little. :thumbsup: What year is yours? I see some can be worth a little I guess.

timekiller said:
KylePA said:

Kyle
Hey buddy,There home anyway.That's a start for sure. :hello2: Yea these little guy's would be very easy to pass around man they are little. :thumbsup: What year is yours? I see some can be worth a little I guess.

My three cent piece is dated 1852; I found it at an old defunct amusement park. That was back in 2006, and one year before the Colonial animal bludgeoned me over the head and woke me up. :laughing9:

KylePA said:
timekiller said:
KylePA said:

Kyle

My three cent piece is dated 1852; I found it at an old defunct amusement park. That was back in 2006, and one year before the Colonial animal bludgeoned me over the head and woke me up. :laughing9:
I gotcha, This was a site that I have found some arrowheads and mid to late 1800's type things at.Just was mainly checking to see how much the banks had washed out with all the weather we've been getting lately.But I won't complain about this little guy as he was something new for me. :thumbsup:

hey cool!

I got my first,well, one and only 3 center from a beach too, not too great condition from the salt water but it is what it is and it's a good find anyday, good going!

Pete, sorry to hear about all the sickness. Hopefully, everyone will be on the road to recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with all.

Glad you were able to find a little get out time.

I bet that 3 center was a whisper of a signal. How deep was it?

It looks like it doesn't have the second outline around the star which means it would be 1851-53.
Also, the early ones were 75% silver and 25% copper so they generally don't hold up to the elements as well as the later ones which were 90% silver.

It sorta kinda looks like I might can see a 1 at the end, making it 1851. :dontknow:

Now if you want small, find a one dollar gold piece. The early ones were even smaller than the 3 center.

Good finds as always!

h-s

Nice three center Pete! man, you know your not missing anything when you can find one of them.:headbang: It looks like you found a gun flint also? :icon_thumleft: really glad to hear two of the family have come home!!! :hello2:

half-serious said:
Pete, sorry to hear about all the sickness. Hopefully, everyone will be on the road to recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with all.

Glad you were able to find a little get out time.

I bet that 3 center was a whisper of a signal. How deep was it?

It looks like it doesn't have the second outline around the star which means it would be 1851-53.
Also, the early ones were 75% silver and 25% copper so they generally don't hold up to the elements as well as the later ones which were 90% silver.

It sorta kinda looks like I might can see a 1 at the end, making it 1851. :dontknow:

Now if you want small, find a one dollar gold piece. The early ones were even smaller than the 3 center.

Good finds as always!

h-s
That was what it looked like to me but I wouldn't make the call.It's the last number that was bothering me as it looked like a 4 and sometimes the 2nd to last looks like a 6.But you know about the ring deal I had no Idea about that.Thanks Again Half-Serious for your help.Your Good! :notworthy: :headbang: :hello:

hey bud!! i just got my girlfriend out of the hospital the other day she was there for a couple weeks . so i kinda know how you feel. i found 1 and a half 3 cent pieces last year on waters egde like you and they were the same color. when i think back those are so small maby i broke the other one digging it. mine was 1853 and it took alot of cleaning to get it silver looking. i think now its back to the same color as when i doug it. that spot looks great! n.c ? willy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back