Itsa waterproof AT Pro!

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out today to a local park, which has been around in some form, since the early 1900's. I went with the AT Pro today. Thunder storms on and off today, so I left the ETrac and home. I took a 15 minute hike up some old roads in the park, that a trapper I work with told me about. He said there was some old foundations from an old farm there.

As soon as I got out of the car, got my gear, got my detector and started walking up the old washed out road, it started to rain. Then it started to pour! I have the stock black headphones that come with the AT Pro. I had the headphones on and put my hood up to protect the headphones. I know the AT Pro is supposed to be waterproof, but the headphones aren't.

I finally got up to the top of a hill and there is was. Old stone foundations and old bottles, wagon wheels, and junk everywhere!

The AT Pro had taken a total shower in the rain and was soaked. I turned it on, and it fired right up! I guess they didn't lie about waterproofing it! I didn't really have too much time and wish I had brought the 5x8 coil for the trash. I found 2 wheat pennies, which was nice. It just was a very cool place to walk around in.

I posted a few pics of the site, as well as my jacket and the AT drying out a bit there.

Attachments

• 3-18-12 Blue Spruce foundation 1.jpg
    3-18-12 Blue Spruce foundation 1.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 436
  • 3-18-12 Blue Spruce foundation.jpg
    3-18-12 Blue Spruce foundation.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 511
  • foundation 4.jpg
    foundation 4.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 510
  • foundation 3.jpg
    foundation 3.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 509

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: great looking spot, you should do well there.
Keep us posted and good hunting;
ZDD

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, well did you find any goodies at the site? Monty

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like hunting spots like that, not just for the good fines but for the feeling I get hunting a old site like that, I am sure it will give up some good fines. Good hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions