30 KB · Views: 347
  • Hood Pills Cures Liver Ills Dose 2 to 6.jpg
    Hood Pills Cures Liver Ills Dose 2 to 6.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 348

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
I have the same mini, except mine is a screw top. Here are a few of my favorite mini's.

HOODS PILLS FOR LIVER ILLS/DOSE/1 TO 4//C.I.HOOD CO. LOWELL MASS/USA
HOYTS/5C/GERMAN/COLOGNE
DR.KINGS/NEW LIFE PILLS//H.E.BUCKLEN&CO//CHICAGO,U.S.A.

I love the tiny crooked bottle, no writing on it, but it's so crude it's beautiful. And the larger green bottle is actually 8-sided, and it still has the glass applicator wand inside - must have been a perfume. The tiny green bottle is so small and crude, and the glass is really dirty, with bits of sand blown in the glass and a really crude top.

I love collecting these mini's, they don't take up a lot of room, and you don't see too many of them around.

Richard

Attachments

• Smalls.jpg
    Smalls.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Hoods.jpg
    Hoods.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Hoyts.jpg
    Hoyts.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 292
  • Dr.Kings.jpg
    Dr.Kings.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Crude.jpg
    Crude.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 8sided.jpg
    8sided.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 276
  • Tiny.jpg
    Tiny.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 267

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
ruccello said:
I have the same mini, except mine is a screw top. Here are a few of my favorite mini's.

HOODS PILLS FOR LIVER ILLS/DOSE/1 TO 4//C.I.HOOD CO. LOWELL MASS/USA
HOYTS/5C/GERMAN/COLOGNE
DR.KINGS/NEW LIFE PILLS//H.E.BUCKLEN&CO//CHICAGO,U.S.A.

I love the tiny crooked bottle, no writing on it, but it's so crude it's beautiful. And the larger green bottle is actually 8-sided, and it still has the glass applicator wand inside - must have been a perfume. The tiny green bottle is so small and crude, and the glass is really dirty, with bits of sand blown in the glass and a really crude top.

I love collecting these mini's, they don't take up a lot of room, and you don't see too many of them around.

Richard
Good job with the images, Richard!

I have a few mini-bottles, too. Here are three:

3minimeds.JPG

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
Thanks Harry. Did you dig those mini's? Very nice color, love the rolled lip too. How do you photograph yours Harry? Do you silouhette your images in photoshop, or shoot against white and blow out the background, or both? Nice stuff!

Richard

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
ruccello said:
Thanks Harry. Did you dig those mini's? Very nice color, love the rolled lip too. How do you photograph yours Harry? Do you silouhette your images in photoshop, or shoot against white and blow out the background, or both? Nice stuff!
Richard
I use a radiograph (x-ray) viewer mounted on my wall. The eight flourescent tubes in the viewer are color-corrected, plus the light is diffused through a milky plexi-glass screen. I used the camera flash on this image. Any unwanted lines (e.g. from the glass shelf) I remove using Adobe Photodeluxe.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
ruccello, nice group and great pics too. I've been trying to reproduce Harry's methods, but with not much results. Harry, let me ask, about the "milky plexiglass screen".... how do you get this, sandblasting, white paint, can you buy it? Thanks, gleaner1

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
gleaner1 said:
ruccello, nice group and great pics too. I've been trying to reproduce Harry's methods, but with not much results. Harry, let me ask, about the "milky plexiglass screen".... how do you get this, sandblasting, white paint, can you buy it? Thanks, gleaner1
Mine came with the light-box (x-ray) viewer. You can buy this stuff -- try the sign shops in your town. As an alternative, you could try transparent plexiglass (or glass) with a frosted film (a "privacy" laminate) applied to both sides (this is not as effective).

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Here are some small ones I dug up in a dump. The first one on left is a majors cement bottle from New york. The one next to that is a Carters indelible ink bottle. the next on has O S & P co NY on it . The last one has nothing on it

Attachments

• CIMG0217.JPG
    CIMG0217.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 200

Itownguy

Jul 14, 2008
I think I have had this bottle on here in the past , but since we are on small bottles I will enter it again. It is the smallest bottle I have.
Joe.

Attachments

• Small Bottle.jpg
    Small Bottle.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Small Bottle..jpg
    Small Bottle..jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 186

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread