I've been sick for a week, and am really getting tired of it...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheer up buddy! You'll get over that mess eventually, but it'll happen quicker if you take care of yourself!! :occasion14: Try to use the time constructively, like to research new and different areas, plan an outing, or make needed repairs/upgrades to equipment.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I moved from MI. after being born and raised their for 38 years to Middle TN. in 1994. 16 years later we've never experienced a "winter"... so to speak.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bummer my sister in-law is sick to Ontario Oregon too cold

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you get to feeling better Skippy. Sounds like the cabin fever is worse then the infection.

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think moving south will keep you from getting sick. The wife came down with bronchial pneumonia this week as an example of that! I'm just hoping to avoid anything. Hope you feel better soon!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
pbbbb... Did all that in the first TWO DAYS. LOL

I'm ready to wrap up in a scarf and go get pneumonia to metal detect the tubing hill. I'm going tomorrow, whether I'm better or not.

Well, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Still, try not to go overboard, like guessing the temperature outside by licking a steel pole!

Stupid - Copy.gif

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get better soon. It is cold and we will have our second snow storm very soon in Connectcut. Good luck and good hunting.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there Skippy!
Check you heat source and air quality in your home if you have not yet.
A co2 monitor not a bad idea but can miss things.
I run a humidifier upstairs and have a dehumidifier in the basement. Sounds crazy but dried out air is like dried out dirt.
A former co worker was sent home by her doctor but just kept getting worse. Turned out her furnace " fire box" was cracked.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Something else to consider is the amount of moisture in your interior air. In many homes, wintertime air gets overly dry due to central heating systems, fireplaces/woodstoves, and anything with a burning flame. Windows are rarely opened, which prevents outside humidity from replacing what these heat sources dry out.

The other end of the spectrum is too much moisture in the air. If you heat with electric baseboard heaters, radiator-type heaters or the like, then zero moisture is dried out due to heating. In this type of home you can actually have an excess of moisture, which may cause mold. The mold, in more severe instances, could grow to be a year-round problem. However, it is also entirely possible to have seasonal mold. This can happen in exterior walls, due to the buildup of condensation -- cold outside air meeting warmer, interior walls, and moisture condensing within the walls. In the summer, look to the plenum of your central A/C system as a possible problem area, assuming that the ENTIRE plenum area and all of its components are not made of metal. While it's still possible for bad air to grow on all-metal areas, it rarely turns into a problem.

The last wintertime air problem is only a problem when there are newer materials involved; new home construction, new carpet, new upholstered furniture, etc. This is due to off-gassing, or gasses given off during the airing-out period. Since winter air often doesn't get replaced/exchanged, many man-made products can cause off-gassing that some people are very sensitive to. This is why most newer construction in more urban areas now require the utilization of air exchangers to be used.

We live in a HORRIBLY wet area! Even now, with the ground totally frozen to at least 2' already (and deepening by the day!), our basement sump pump is still pumping out well over 1,000 gallons of water every day. This Spring, during the melt, it will pump out up to 7,000 gallons per 24 hours!! Our house has high humidity, yet we have no mold. So how can this be possible, you ask? Because this is a drafty old house in a very windy area. Every time the wind blows (which is MOST of the time!), the inside air is being replaced with clean, fresh outside air.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In SoCal, been sick since Christmas night. No wonder i'm posting so much on TNet. LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions