Ive finally earned my bragging rights! Woohoo!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've finally earned my bragging rights! Woohoo!

...let's see if I can do a post correctly (1st time).

Bran spankin' new today! or 158 yrs old! ;)
I took a days vacation to do some fishing and metal detect. Running the back roads and found myself into a little town that I knew had a really old and empty appartment building being renovated. It's one of those that has a really long driveway leading up to it so I parked under the last tree and jumped out and got started, there by the tree was my 1st hit, a 1941 wheatie as soon as I stepped out of the truck! This is cool, but quickly found the entire front and side lawn to be really empty, so no doubt someone had been there before I was. That always seems to be the case these days!
It was warning up fast and I was getting ready to go and heading toward the back of the drive for a couple swings before going and BANG! Ooh, I got something. They say when you find a penny heads up to pick it up! So I did, it was only 1 inch deep and clearly the dirt had been shuffled around at some point in time and it was a good thing that it was for me, a very nice 1847 large cent. I couldn't believe it! 94 yrs between the two pennies, Wow! Made my day to say the least!

... can't wait to get back out for another digginitup day!

Attachments

• 1847 large cent obverse.jpg
    1847 large cent obverse.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 479
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: I've finally earned my bragging rights! Woohoo!

i love reading posts like this! thats awesome!congratulations!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread