I've found a new personal HATE

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afternoon all!

I don't get to post much because I don't get to get out much lately. We had a fairly nice day today. The sun was shining and it was in the 50s and more importantly, I HAD A DAY OFF. Perhaps influenced by all the talk on these boards, I purchased a new Tesoro Mojave and received it on Wednesday. Since I don't have any familiarity with this brand or machine, I figured I would take it to a section of a park that I know I have cleaned out. Seems like it would be a good test of what it could do.

I don't have any real feedback to give on the machine yet. I do like a machine that you can turn on and go. The desc. and sep. seem on the better side of decent. I only managed one pull tab today, so that's a win!

About the title of the post and my finds. I do a lot of beach hunting because I live on the coast. The absolute bane of my existence and greatest cause of "thrill ride to heart break" emotions for me are the lids to these guys:

user-image-1238651151_thumb.jpg

OHMYGOODNESSASILVERDOLLAROHSONOFA!

Well, today, I found something to replace those pains in the rear. I honestly thought I found my first cut silver in a "hunted out" part of the park. As it turns out, I was getting a tone from a dime right next to it. My heart was RACING!

033017a.jpg 033017.jpg

I was a bit crushed but in the long run, I got my first hunt of the year in. I got outside and played. I'm fifty or sixty cents richer. All in all, it was a good day.

I hope you all got to get outside and enjoy the day!

Thanks for looking

-Jay

Upvote 12

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too hate those foil tops but they ring up great and I have to dig them.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup I understand totally.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AM...congrats on getting out and having a good day...you got to break in your new toy, find some goodies and get some beach air...better than MY day! Lol...Ddf

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happens to me all the time like with the gold colored dollar coins that I think is a gold coin, The electrical box knockouts that look like some super old coin Leaf Erickson dropped. or the famous Chucky Cheese token list goes on but they are fun to have that feeling if only briefly!!!!@!@@!

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happens to me all the time like with the gold colored dollar coins that I think is a gold coin, The electrical box knockouts that look like some super old coin Leaf Erickson dropped. or the famous Chucky Cheese token list goes on but they are fun to have that feeling if only briefly!!!!@!@@!

About 3 years ago I hit a 6 token Chuck-E-Cheese spill. They were brown as could be. I just about died when I flipped that plug.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a coin spill all quarters gold plated WTH I still have em I thought I found gold coins I still don't know why they would be gold plated super weird!!!! only worth a quarter. I cant tell you how many rings Ive found that I thought were gold and were gold filled or electroplated ect!!!!!!!!!!! But I love it all!!!!!!!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new detector, the finds and a good story!!
The sun was shining, you got out finally, found some goodies and broke in the new detector... can it get any better than that??
:occasion14:

SweepNbeep

Mar 3, 2017
The North Star State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Other
About 3 years ago I hit a 6 token Chuck-E-Cheese spill. They were brown as could be. I just about died when I flipped that plug.

I would have clicked "love" if that were an option. I still have a few of those from when I was a kid, great times. But if I dug one I would be like WTHeck:BangHead:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those drinks are not even good for ya,can not believe they sell that many

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I only managed one pull tab today, so that's a win!"

I would say its a lose. If you miss these, you miss gold.

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I only managed one pull tab today, so that's a win!"

I would say its a lose. If you miss these, you miss gold.

Typically I would agree, but the only reason it was the one pull tab was because I had already pulled them all. I dig all those numbers with my AT PRO. This was more a test run with the new detector than anything else. I was a little surprised I missed those coins the first time around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread