Ive gone Minelab nuts!

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
I've gone Minelab nuts!

While waiting for minelab to ship the Safari I ordered through 4-H, I've been gathering accessories and reading up on adjusting to fbs technology and tones. My wife noticed me giving our Bounty Hunters the evil eye and mumbling " I want my 28 frequencies". She then brought up an interesting question - "So when am I getting a minelab? Do you think I'm going to dig all the trash with the Bounty Hunter while you detect behind me and dig all the good deep targets?" So we looked around, had a stroke of luck, and managed to pick up a barely used still in the box Explorer SE w/ an extra 5" excelerator EQ2 pro coil, case, 2 rechargeable battery packs, car charger, Koss UR-30's, carrying case, rain cover, etc. It is still under warranty and the previous owner also purchased the extended warranty from minelab! It does have the standard coil and not the pro coil, but for $700 I think we did OK. We're having fun learning the sounds and menus. Some folks strive for a house with a two-car garage. We don't have a garage, but we're a two-minelab family now! ;D

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
Re: I've gone Minelab nuts!

sounds good but remember...Minelab Warranty's are NOT transferable.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tell her I'd rather have her detector! ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Only way you can get work done under the warranty if needed is through the original owner as they are not transferable.

OP
OP
waterfalljay

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used

Dixie Digger said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Only way you can get work done under the warranty if needed is through the original owner as they are not transferable.
Thanks, I am aware of this. I wasn't very clear but I was more implying that this is another machine that someone dropped major $ on and after a few outings put back in the box & in the closet - much like the 2 pristine Excal's people posted about this week. Heck, the warranty lasted longer than the original owner's interest. There seems to be a recent lucky streak for forum members finding barely-used machines at nice prices. I'm just thrilled that we got to be part of that trend. :hello2:

OP
OP
waterfalljay

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used

Iron Patch said:
Tell her I'd rather have her detector! ;D
Hey Iron Patch! :hello:
Actually she likes the Safari interface and 4oz less weight, so I'm going to have to "suffer" with letting the Explorer be my main detector! :headbang:
Oh, poor poor me!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You really got a good deal Jay on the explorer and it's a fantastic machine.
I really wish I could get Minelab to hurry and send the back ordered unit you have been waiting for oner 3 weeks now!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR!
Thanks for your patience buddy.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

waterfalljay said:
Dixie Digger said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Thanks, I am aware of this. I wasn't very clear but I was more implying that this is another machine that someone dropped major $ on and after a few outings put back in the box & in the closet - much like the 2 pristine Excal's people posted about this week. Heck, the warranty lasted longer than the original owner's interest. There seems to be a recent lucky streak for forum members finding barely-used machines at nice prices. I'm just thrilled that we got to be part of that trend. :hello2:

Congrats on the nice find......I paied $475 for my last used Excal 1000 I bought in Oct 2009... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread