Ive got an idea...

npaquette42

Greenie
Aug 6, 2013
So I was thinking that I could fill up buckets like half way with classified material. I would then fill the bucket with water and put it in the back of the truck and just leave it in there for a week or so. I drive a lot for work so I was thinking after a week I could at least scrap of the top and discard it and rinse and repeat. You think this could work or is it stupid rookie talk?

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My guess is you wouldn't gain anything and you might dump over your bucket.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never tried it. Cover the buckets. Material may just lock up if there is alot of clay in it and not let the gold settle. Welcome to the net you will learn alot in here.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

OP
OP
N

npaquette42

Greenie
Aug 6, 2013
The material I'm working with is very granular. I think it might work. I'll just test pan the top before I start discarding it.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
that question has been asked on other websites before and the answer was NO it wont do what you want it todo! you need to keep the material in a fluid state for it to work and there isnt enough room/water/material for this to happen!rather than what you proposed, why not get a large tub and set it up like you wanted BUT add some sort of big vibration,enough to get the material to giggle around or make a fluidbed device and pump water up from the bottom to make it fluid enough for the fine gold to drop down.

OP
OP
N

npaquette42

Greenie
Aug 6, 2013
I really appreciate the feed back. It made a lot of sense to me at first but I knew it would be too good to be true.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this a few years back ............

(1) Take a 5 gallon bucket and cut a hole in the center of the bottom the same size that a 2-1/2" mailing tube cap will fit tightly into.

(2) Then add 1-1/2 gallons of concentrates and fill the bucket 3/4 of the way to the top with water.

(3) Take your hand and get the concentrates swirling like a tornado in the bucket, allow to settle and do it again.

(4) Set your bucket into another bucket and reach down through the concentrates and remove the cap with all the gold inside it. :icon_thumleft:

Works every time. If you don't believe it pan what's left and see. That's why you set your bucket inside of another one before pulling the cap so you don't lose any concentrate.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread