Ive never had a "apron" - "pouch" - "belt" system which ever suited me...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never had a "apron" - "pouch" - "belt" system which ever suited me...

We've all struggled with this, miscellaneous body systems to hold our trash, our finds, our tools. I've tried many, my ex even put together an apron for me and that still didn't really work worth a crap - none of them did. I've one of them Minelab aprons hanging on a belt - lost a piece of jewelry (just pretty) recently, that is a good pouch, but still not suitable. Our friend Pointman mentioned he wore suspenders.

So, I got to looking, started on Azon looking for suspenders ...

81CjakEInlL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Good, strong, professional, made for craftsmen.

And then let's connect a belt - yet, what can we do on a belt?

81sjG1adAwL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This all runs about $100, but I'd say a better step towards control, fully adaptable, and super high quality.

Input always welcome!

Actually inviting it!

Upvote 0

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1259572
Maybe you'd like a Omegamill Relic Elite it has a zipper pocket and a mesh bottom to help rid dirt.

I looked at that a couple months ago, someone had posted accolades about that and I went & took a look. It looks like a great one. I really like that Dewalt suspender harness. On the belt I listed to mate with it, I don't need those 3 separate attachment pockets. I need to look and see if the belt is available separately. My main goal as stated - get it all organized so it's not flopping around causing mischief.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
... I need to look and see if the belt is available separately. My main goal as stated - get it all organized so it's not flopping around causing mischief.

You know DSADS, a jock strap cleared up THAT problem for me. :thumbsup:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a problem I hadn't mentioned! May have to go with one of them too :)

***AARC wonders how Terry knew about Deeps "problem he had not mentioned" ***

Hmmm.

You guys ever MD together ? ? ? :P

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Load-bearing suspender system is what I use, as I carry everything with me - gone most of day.
Cool-ish to wear in summer, and a hydration system can be added.
Check my profile photo..., it gives you the idea..., yeah, everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink...! :laughing7:
Versatile, as you can add or remove components.
Check out this video

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This year I may try:

Plus-Size-4XL-5XL-Men-Outdoor-Camping-font-b-Hunting-b-font-font-b-Vest-b.jpg

I have a sheath/PP holder already. I hate having to keep pulling my pants up with weight of added stuff (or fooling with suspenders). These hunting/camera vests keep the cell phone close to face and out of chance of water (as well as cigs) and some are full mesh for beach. This one is $33.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ehhh buy a bunch of different ones...
And buy a trailer to haul em in. :P

DSC_9486.jpg

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I like bib overalls ! Gary

Have you checked the price on quality bibs lately? They've been cheapened so much, I've been looking at Carhartt for quality. For $54 they are the real deal.

I messed up here by not mentioning that I'm looking to land and water searching. I apologize as I guess that takes this in a bit of a different direction.

Duh.... I do get that way sometimes - so focused.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
***AARC wonders how Terry knew about Deeps "problem he had not mentioned" ***
Hmmm. You guys ever MD together ? ? ? :P

Uhhh.... no :) But remember Terry's a long way from here. I don't know him, I swear!

However, you'd hardly expect Terry to hang around an old ugly fart like me. I know he has better taste than that :)

Let's not take it THAT DEEP!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well like I said in an earlier post...
Most "regular" tool belts sold around town are not really suited for water due to the regular steel used.
And will begin to rust...
The rivets abd belt clip are the first to rust...
Look for belt parts that have none and ,,, or,,, clips that can be removed.
Now... I am not up to date on belts beings it has been years since I have bought one but check em out around town,

HD use to have a pretty good selection as I recall.
Lowes ... Ace.
Better than ordering online... can check em first.
The suspenders idea is not too shabby.... have not seen that in use... yet.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The suspenders idea is not too shabby.... have not seen that in use... yet.

Well, I think I'm going there. If it can get this off my waist and the "handling" of the "organization" so I don't flop around grabbing gizmos. I think I might lighten my load by incorporating every thing into ONE belt/halter.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a pair of bib overalls....lots of pockets for everything!! Summer time, you can wear just your skivvies or go buck naked if ya choose to!! When mine get crusty (bibs) enough that they stand up by themselves, I sneak 'em in the house and wash 'em!! Besides, when ya get approached by "the man," you can play the 'ol "dumber than a box of rocks" act!! I love 'em!!:thumbsup:

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a vest that has lots of pockets for different things. Like a fishing vest. It is made of netting and is not hot in the summer. I like that it doesn't pull on me when I bend over
I where my pinpointer and digging tool on my paints belt like LD. Like this set up but everyone is different.

HH, Relic Nut

I only do hunting on land, and this setup works for me. Wife just got me a nice fishing vest for Xmas, has tons of pockets. Only been out once with it, but love it already. I used to use a nail apron, which I might still use just for trash going forward. This will help keep dirt out of the vest pockets.

I use an old junky dress belt that I only wear for MD-ing, helps keep my Garrett Pro-Pointer holder and Lesche holder in place on either side.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture said "tool belt" but I don't see it... do you ?

huge-38-191806.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$5.99 Walmart adjustable nylon (plastic zipper) fanny pack. I can adjust it to where I want it to hang/ride.
I use ziploc baggies inside to keep certain items dry and found treasures. Rest of it holds trash.
I rinse them after every outing, they're cheap enough and easily replaced. Works for me. :notworthy:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I got this leather pouch from a dealer i think in Mansfield Ohio about 20 years ago or longer I also think he wrote a really good book on the Sovereign ..It has a zipper pouch on the front for the good finds and bigger pocket for the junk .. And a place for your digger NO PINPOINT HOLDER I GOT THIS POUCH SO LONG AGO ...NO ONE WAS USEING A PIN POINTER YET................................................................. . DSCN0831.JPG

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got two bags I use for my finds and tools...

My summer one...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452797009.092862.jpg

And my winter one...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452797034.795393.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread