Jack Armstrong? Siren Ring found

ridger12

Apr 4, 2005
Sandy Ridge Pa
Detector(s) used
Minlab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My daughter Lily and I were detecting at our neighbors yesterday and found a siren ring (aka whistle ring). The house there was occupied from the early 1900s until the 1980s. We found lots of pie tins, small pieces of lead pipe, and other assorted junk. The siren ring came out as we were about to leave as it was getting dark and the gnats were driving us nuts. I am not sure what radio character the ring was for. The ring has a picture of a plane on one side and has what appears to be D A S C on the other side. I was thinking maybe Jack Armstrong but the Jack Armstrong rings I found online don't look quite like this one.

Attachments

• whistle ring.JPG
    whistle ring.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 753
Upvote 0

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Davey Adams Shipmates Club rare whistle ring from short-lived 1939 Lava Soap sponsored radio adventure.

Attachments

• DASC.jpg
    DASC.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4,252
OP
OP
ridger12

ridger12

Apr 4, 2005
Sandy Ridge Pa
Detector(s) used
Minlab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Baldingboy said:

Davey Adams Shipmates Club rare whistle ring from short-lived 1939 Lava Soap sponsored radio adventure.

Thanks for the ID!! :hello2: I looked online last night for hours trying to find out what kind of ring that was.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
ridger12 said:
Baldingboy said:

Thanks for the ID!! :hello2: I looked online last night for hours trying to find out what kind of ring that was.

No problem. I am at work today and was getting paid to look stuff up! ::) Just got lucky. :wink:

Baldingboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread