Jack Haskins

dcrooks

Nov 10, 2004
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I regret to inform you of the passing of Jack "BlackJack" Haskins last night (September 11th) at 5:20pm. He died quite peacefully in the care facility that he's lived in for the past year (in Homestead, FL). The death certificate says "lung disease" but the doctor said it could have been a blood clot or a heart attack. Jack will be missed by many!!!! Ernie Richards is working on a full obituary which will be posted here.
Dave Crooks
Jack's legal representative

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
dcrooks, Thank you for sharing that information. Jack was quite a character. My son and I had Breakfast with him a few years ago on our way to Key West. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jack's friends and relatives.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you for posting this. My dad worked with him years ago, when he lived in the Keys, when I was a youngster, tagging along on treasure hunting trips. My dad went into a nursing home years ago, when treasurenet first started, i posted that my dad Bill McAdoo, Bottle Bill, was in there. Jack wrote me a very nice email detailing meetings with my dad and Mel Fisher and him in a Miami motel room, that he later wrote a story for Playboy magazine about. And other fun things he did with my dad. He was a great man, and a world class Spanish shipwreck researcher. Carl Fismer-Capt Fizz, told me of Jacks going into the nursing home. He will be missed. Steve McAdoo.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good bye Jack. A respected and serious researcher has left us.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jack was a true legend in our industry and regretfully, a gentleman I never got the chance to meet. RIP Jack.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thay had a celebration for Jack tonight in Islamorada at Don Washington's old place. I really wanted to attend but couldn't make it. It would be nice to see some pictures from that event. The last time I was there was just before Don passed away.

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice interviews with Jack Haskins in the A&E DVD “Treasure - The Wreck Of The Conception” (still available from the internet)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions