Jackson, MI

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any schools near where you work?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Anyone know a place in Jackson I could hunt on my lunch breaks without having to get permission from a park supervisor first or an was accessible spot? Thanks in advance, HH.

Do the parks in Jackson require "permission from park supervisors" ? ???

OP
OP
MarshallMetalDetecting
Apr 7, 2014
MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Garrett AT Pro
Honestly, check this out...

ForumRunner_20140606_184117.png

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
County, State and City parks all have different rules. So either try to get permission from that City park supervisor or find a County or State park. You could always find some friends with old houses and ask to do their lawns on your lunch break.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard the Jackson ruling is the result of some in the hobby leaving holes uncovered.
Jackson is just the first in what will soon be a ruling in the metro Detroit area based on some of the recent damage I've witnessed.
I stumbled upon one previously dig hole in a park that was an honest 18 inches in diameter.
Although the sod was replaced (poorly I might add). No park official could be expected to tolerate digging of that magnitude in the parks.
The solution is to always ban everybody for the acts of a few.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread