Jacksonville, Florida

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
Still interested in a buddy to hunt with? I'm new to this hobby too but I can already see where it's nice to have someone else around to keep an eye on your back. I find myself getting really into listening to the tones with my head phones on and have had several people "sneak" up on me and scare the s@#t out of me. Think goodness they were only curious and not wanting to make trouble. I live in the Arlington area of town but am willing to drive around a bit. I work 4pm to midnite Friday through Sunday. Let me know.

Wheezy

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I live in Jax, too..Looking for a hunting buddy to go to st augustine beaches in search of spanish dubloons! email me at

[email protected] if you would like to go hunting sometime.

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
I am in Middleburg! I would love to get together with a few people and go detect!!1

Lori

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
Ok I haven't heard from anyone! Guess that means no one metal detects in Middleburg!

Thanks,

Lori

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Lori

I am in Orange Park. I would be happy to go to middle burg detecting. However, before I decide to go, I will need to get some maps dating early 19th century. I don't want to waste my time or yours. You can contact me at [email protected] if you want me to come hunting with you.

lamplighter36

Jun 4, 2006
Cowtown, TX (DFW)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Jacksonville too. I'm into fossils and bottles too. I love adventures whether we find anyting or not. I'm pretty darn good with maps and have access to old florida aerials.

Lets get together and find some stuff...or have a few beers and swap stories.

-thomas

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Hey Lamplighter

Howare u doin man? I am new to treasure hunting. What kind of detector do u have? Mine isnt too powerful but I am going to try to find Spanish coins anyway. We should talk. Would you be interested in talking about hunting then going to fernandina beach?

lamplighter36

Jun 4, 2006
Cowtown, TX (DFW)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fellow jacksonville md-ers,

yup, im ready to do some exploring i could get access to some yards in the old downtown district.

i have a DFX 950, but i dont really use it to its potential. need more practice.
drop me an email at [email protected] or feel free to call 534-3228.

maybe a beach could be good. fernandina has fossils too!

hope to hear from you.
-thomas

Mortgage Man

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Surfmaster Pro PI
I own a building in the historic riverside area that we are currently renovating. It was built in 1901. I would like someone to search the property. I have a Surfmaster pro pi with no discrimination and there is a lot of junk around so i would pick up every nail on site. This building is on the national and local historic registry and had a corner store in operation until recently that has been in open since who knows when. We found coins inside dating back to the 40's. There is not a lot of turf to cover but something should come out of it. We removed a concrete slab in one section that was added at some point. If someone wants an interesting hunt that might produce some interesting finds let me know. I had all the sidewalks removed at one point and i could kick my self for not searching it then but i did not have a detector at the time. Le me know if anyone is interested. I would like the person to have a very deep detector with discrimination. I want to do it so bad that i cannot stand it but i would dig up everything! Below is a picture before we started the renovations. Please contact me if you are interested. I could also get you access to the two homes next door.

Attachments

• King small pic.JPG
    King small pic.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 877
  • King small pic.JPG
    King small pic.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 901

countrycoach

Apr 8, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger
Hi to all in North FL area. New to group but not new to detecting. A couple of years ago I broke out my Compass X-80 Challenger and used it for the first time in more than 20 years. Not an expert by any means. The equipment most likely far better than that of the detectors of 20+ years ago. Used to love to go exploring with my son and would like to get back into the hobby now that I have retired.

I am in the Mandarin area and was thinking of doing some checking at the beach sometime this week. I have a few spots I would like to check out in Clay County as well. If interested in getting together sometime, drop me a line at [email protected] .

Are there any other users of the X80 out there?

Jim

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would be willing to check out your property in jacksonville have a whites prism V , works well ....we were actually going to st augustine this weekend, when did you need someone to come out to the property?.....gregg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ivan here there an old CCC camp in Hilliard from the 30's----there are several pirate caches upon amelia island ---several shipwrecks too---one just off shore near main beach---the waters along the outer coast from about ft clinch to the southern tip are leased to amelia research Inc. ***however the beaches from waterline to dunefoot are not***the beaches around the park on the southern tip of the island is a "off limits" protected zone however. good luck Ivan

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Hey guys

Amelia island could be holding lots of undiscovered loot. If you have a deep seeker, check out the northern part called Old Town. There was much Spanish activity in the 1600s here. I know there could be some awesome spanish loot deep underground.

http://www.aboutamelia.com/history.htm

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hello,
I'm from Middleburg FL and I'd like to get out and hunt around the areas with other folks that enjoy detecting also. Update>5-31-07....old cracker house a couple lots down from me, (my first treasure hunt outside of testing around in our yard) and found a 1951 Washington quarter along with a few newer pennies and a clad dime. I think I'm getting impressed with the DFX although I don't know how to get the most out of it yet. And talk about disposable income, those zinc pennies aren't made to last long in the ground are they? Going to have to exchange a couple at the bank before they completely fall apart LOL.

John

D

Danielmc

JRich98150 said:
And talk about disposable income, those zinc pennies aren't made to last long in the ground are they?

I just moved to Florida a year or two ago and was able to get detecting again recently. Let me tell you, i've hunted NY state extensively, and have been out to Colorado and the Ghost towns of New Mexico and I have never seen zinc pennies been torn up like I have the last few days. I've dug about 30 pennies that past few days in a local park and they look like they've been sitting in acid!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
welcome to the saltwater enviroment ----zinc stinks ---mders all agree---zinc pennies are almost as bad as pull tabs---P.S.===there are a number of good shipwreck sites locally--near / around jacksonville area --- Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread