Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michener is my favorite author and the nearest thing I have to a collectiion is several of his books in hardback. I am just about finished rereading Centenial for about the 4th time. He puts so much research into his books that although novels it almost seems real. But I guess that's the mark of true novelist? Much of the information in all of his books is factual however. He builds on what he finds reserching and surrounds it with a fictitious story, or most likely several stories all woven into a novel. Reading his books is almost as exciting as reading a real authentic book on the history of places such as his, "Texas", "Hawaii", etc. and of course several more. Anyone who hasn't read Michener is missing a wonderful experience. Monty

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Michener has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Theres not many writers
that can pull you into a story like he can. I have read about half of his books, I try
to pace myself because I dread the day that I have read them all.
The last book of his I read was "The Novel" which I greatly enjoyed since it
takes place practically in my backyard. Before that I read "Caravans". If you want a better understanding
of what is going on in Afghanistan and Pakistan today this is a book you should read(it was written in 1963).

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of Michener's works are dated because he was most prolyphic in the 1960s, but his writing does help to understand some of the things that have occured since. He died in 1997 and I will miss his work. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread