Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone that knows the Kalamazoo area parks I'm sure that you've detected this park before, it's called crane park. I don't know the exact history of it but I suspect that it's been there for many years and Sunday I finally got out to do some detecting after the temps had finally warmed up some.

jan18a.jpg

The snow was very wet and I soon found out the cheap pair of boots that I had purchase in the fall leaked so I was bummed about that but I continued on and ended up finding a couple nice keepers that day. I found a clad quarter, dime couple cents and finally an 1831 large cent. It's not in the greatest shape but I'll take it :)

jan18.1.jpg

jan18.2a.jpg

The following day I happened to notice while looking at a video that I had made on facebook that the quarter that I had found was a miss strike which put another smile on my face, I thought at first that it was just another regular old clad quarter

jan18.1a.jpg

Last edited:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin Largies in January - that is awesome Larry!! :headbang: WTG man - must be some cool history at Crane park. INteresting mis-strike too. Way to brave the snow!!

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin Largies in January - that is awesome Larry!! :headbang: WTG man - must be some cool history at Crane park. INteresting mis-strike too. Way to brave the snow!!
Brent the park definitely has some history, one of the oldest known homes in Kalamazoo was right near it until 1989 when the demolished it.

Crane Park - Kalamazoo Public Library

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the big copper, Giant. :icon_thumleft: Those oldies are sure fun to dig. WTG on getting out there!

HH

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cliffy

Mar 8, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Minelab Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stay warm my friend..... excellent dig!

cliffy

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself would say it was a pretty good day out in these conditions. Congrats on the off beat Quarter!

Sluice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread