Jeff Greene sez he didnt do $1.87 million to a restricted reef in Belize

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Jeff Greene sez he didn't do $1.87 million to a restricted reef in Belize

Fla billionaire , Dem Senate hopeful , says his 145' three story yatch wasn't even in Belize , didn't run
away , and he doesn't owe the fines for anchoring on and damaging a restricted live reef in Belize .
'Cause it 'never happened'; despite full documentation .
Read this in the online news a few minutes ago . I don't know how to list the links .
Anyone else have anything to add about this guy that wants to help lead our country ?
Can someone else post a link to this story for everyone's benefit ?

daroofa

Apr 8, 2010
Breckentucky MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Jeff Greene sez he didn't do $1.87 million to a restricted reef in Belize

What a load of crap.

Also, it seems like our tax happy politicians don't like to pay their fair share when it comes to boats.
"Greene bought Summerwind in 2003, registering it in the Marshall Islands, a well-known tax haven."

"Sen. John Kerry, who has repeatedly voted to raise taxes while in Congress, dodged a whopping six-figure state tax bill on his new multimillion-dollar yacht by mooring her in Newport, R.I."

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1269698

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you own a boat whether you are on it or not,you are liable for whatever damages it causes.It pays to have good hull insurance is cases like this.This insurance only covers reef and bottom damage.All treasure companies that have a state lease in florida have to have it as well.

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Thanks ! I was afraid I would get dissed for bringing up something I couldn't post a link to .
Looks like , instead , that I've opened a can of worms .

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Ohh, nice yacht. I wouldn't mind having one like it, except it needs a helicopter pad.

Not very fuel efficient though. Needs sails :wink:

So can Belize prove the reef had no damage before the yacht arrived ? I would want pictures immediately before and after !

And if he paid the fine, is the money going back towards restoring the reef ?

itmaiden

Mackaydon said:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions