Jeff of PA and fellow CRH

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
It seems that Jeff will move anything that says 2010 totals so we have to use clever tittles to get past his screening.

I am surprised how many CRH post he has moved to anther forum when it really belongs here.

It bothers me to have to navigate away from this forum to read CRH topics???

Jeff could you please stop this practice? If CRH's wanted to post their totals on another forum I'm pretty sure they would have done it themselves. The subject matter is specifically CRH so it seems odd that you would move them?

Anyone else agree with this?

Mojo

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Yeah it is odd because last year I remember seeing lots of 2009 totals topics posted.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I guess I don't understand your reason to be upset as Jeff provided a direct link to the posts while maintaining the post
title in the appropriate forum. Does that one extra mouse click to navigate back really matter?

What Jeff (and other mods) did and continue to do, is condense year-end totals (from the entire site) into one convenient thread that's easier for all of TNET/guests to find, it should be considered an honor and not a slight. :wink:

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Blacksheep said:
I guess I don't understand your reason to be upset as Jeff provided a direct link to the posts while maintaining the post
title in the appropriate forum. Does that one extra mouse click to navigate back really matter?

What Jeff (and other mods) did and continue to do, is condense year-end totals (from the entire site) into one convenient thread that's easier for all of TNET/guests to find, it should be considered an honor and not a slight. :wink:

Well it's not the click to get there but the navigating back here that's the problem, it takes a couple of clicks to work your way back. To me the real problem is really the fact that the poster chose to share it here, appropriately, and not on some other thread. It is a CRH topic.

And I think Jeff and the other moderators do a fine job, but is off base on this matter.

Mojo

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
coinmojo said:
Blacksheep said:

Well it's not the click to get there but the navigating back here that's the problem, it takes a couple of clicks to work your way back. To me the real problem is really the fact that the poster chose to share it here, appropriately, and not on some other thread. It is a CRH topic.

And I think Jeff and the other moderators do a fine job, but is off base on this matter.

Mojo

I understand your sentiment but you are mistaken about any mod being "off base", these people have done an awful lot for the CRH
community here at TNET including adding a section in the chat section specifically for CRH. It's not Jeff or any other mod who is
off-base. :coffee2:

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Blacksheep said:
coinmojo said:
Blacksheep said:

Mojo

I understand your sentiment but you are mistaken about any mod being "off base", these people have done an awful lot for the CRH
community here at TNET including adding a section in the chat section specifically for CRH. It's not Jeff or any other mod who is
off-base. :coffee2:

Ok so we agree to disagree. 1 for Jeff and the moderators. :wink: :coffee2:

Mojo

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I think Coinmojo is just talking about the convenience factor of finding the 2010 totals section within CRH section, nothing against Jeff.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am actually going to agree with Jeff of PA and the mods on this one. Although I agree with you that the items moved are really CRH topics, the annual finds section has no description of its own and would be empty if nothing got moved there unless people posted there directly (which unless you are aware of it is unlikely). It also allows users to "cross-pollinate" a bit. In other words people with different areas of interest can see how others' treasure hunting is going at a summary level.

By first posting it in the CRH section, at least there is a link from CRH to it whereas posting it directly into the annual finds section means those who read the CRH section exclusively would likely miss it.

This topic seems to come up almost every year about this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread