OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMAC lobbyist mining solutions? REALLY?

This is the guy the MMAC/PLP colluders have hired to advocate for miners?

Notice, "Solutions-oriented". The thing JMD enjoin in its suit, the Solutions Network. Solutions work to advance the sustainable agenda:
UPDATE: McKeon announces formation of consulting firm
"As a solutions-oriented firm"
Do any of these people actually know what they are doing?

"knowledgeable about government and business"
We're not talking about business and commerce when respecting the mining law an property:
Business and commerce expertise is irrelevant to mining law.

Get a load of this in the second paragraph:
http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...m-government-relations-consulting-firm-120855

"In office, McKeon was a staunch advocate for the armed forces and a fight against sequestration, but he also drew fire from city officials after his bill to stop a massive sand and gravel mine passed in the House on a last-minute voice vote that failed in the Senate."

Mine SOLUTION:
McKeon aiding and abetting "open spaces" amenities overthrow of production.
McKeon poses mine solution

"be protected as open space for generations to come"

"Howard "Buck" McKeon, R-Santa Clarita, has crafted a complex land swap deal "
"Mexico-based Cemex"
"buying the mining company out of its contract."
"McKeon's plan would cancel the federal contracts Cemex has to mine 56 million tons of sand and gravel from land adjacent to Santa Clarita. "
"give Cemex about 5,000 acres of land near the city of Victorville."
"Cemex would then sell the land to the city of Victorville, which has economic development plans for the property."
"McKeon said the land in Victorville would not be used for mining.
"We are not trading one mine for another," he said."

NO MINING. American tax money going to a foreign corporation AND NO MINERAL PRODUCTION.
Did the marketable sand and gravel deposit move that it is displaced by amenities?
Is this how the miners are going to be dealt with through MMAC and Sleight-of-hand complex "land swaps"
This is supposed to protect the people of the United States?

In their suits, it's hard to not see it as the MMAC Mafioso family photo.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MMAC is an industry joke. No real mining companies will have anything to do with MMAC, the CDDMC, The Emerald Planet International Foundation, Martori Mining Enterprises, Sleepy Bear mining or any of the other many names for Joe Martori's projects. PLP is losing what credibility they had in the mining community because of their association with MMAC, Sleepy Bear and the CDDMC fiasco.

MEG is right. The MMAC know less about the mining laws than your typical Sierra Club member. If anyone but a few small groups in California would listen to their spin they might be a big problem for the future of mining. Luckily the mining industry knows better and MMAC will never get any traction in places where it matters for their misguided schemes.

I don't know why small miners in California insist on trying to reinvent the wheel. The mining industry has one of the most powerful lobbies in Washington D.C. Several old and very effective mining associations have been representing all miners, large and small, for more than 100 years. Somehow a misguided and clueless group like MMAC/Sleepy Bear gets support in California. What the fugge?

I know many of you believe that what goes on in California foretells the future for all people. Truthfully from someone that sees both the large and the small miner here and abroad - no one could care less what California thinks about mining or mining regulation. It really is a non issue. Real mining will return to California when California joins the rest of the world, not the other way around.

I've suggested effective, reliable proven alternatives to groups like the MMAC. If you wish to assist MMAC in their goals please do so. All miners should be free to support whatever cause they wish to. Just a heads up that you shouldn't expect anyone in the mining industry to give you a hand or even take notice of the MMAC beyond a lunch meeting joke or two.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Absolutly NO mining group will succed without ALL of us joining in the fight and supporting them! even if a person knows 100% of the law , if nobody supports him he will fail! a good question to ask ourselved is ,"what have I done to help our mining rights TODAY ??? If we cant answer it positively , then you know what is the problem!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
since the bill is in it's amended stage, i suggest you file your grievances or solutions
i appreciate the knowledge you provide for individuals on this site including myself
but it's a fool that would believe congress or lobbyist would stand up for a single miner, millions and billions pull on their ears, so yes your correct in that manner of thinking
California is clearly out of control and violating not just miners Rights.
with all the recent land grabs, whom among us small miner will be able to start a mining op

what i would like to know, What is the definition of a small miner to some here? 10,000 a year, 100,000 annually and how has the lobbyist worked in favor of the small miner, cuz mine and many others have a dredge rotting

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm unclear how a national reworking of mining laws could possibly help California dredgers get back in the water 2cmorau? Federal laws are not California laws. Changing federal law won't change the ignorant attitudes in California one little bit.

Those 149 year old mining laws made this nation rich. Today the United States is the third largest mining country in the world.

Would you throw out those laws because the State of California might give you a misdemeanor ticket for dredging?

Would you change those laws because some small non miner on private property in the California desert thinks it would be cheaper if they didn't have to worry about tortoises?

There is no legal difference between a small miner and a large miner. The sooner California miners can grasp that single simple legal concept the sooner we can leave behind the BS about "little vs big" and get on with the business of mining. The big companies are not your enemy they are your greatest asset. The mechanisms are in place to help you but you really need to get over the very California idea you need to change everything to suit your special situation if you expect the folks with money and power to help you.

As far as what I have done TODAY for mining rights russau? ???

Well yesterday I tried to explain why a puny little ignorant organization in the California desert isn't going to be able to help you but there are organizations that can. If that actually sinks in I may have helped move things forward for California miners YESTERDAY.

TODAY I'm back to dealing with a couple of IBLA cases that will open up another 9 million acres of federal managed lands to prospecting and location. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts gentlemen. It's good we have a forum where we can discuss these important matters openly. Thanks go to our gracious hosts at Treasure Net too. :hello2:

Heavy Pans

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The opposition wants to amend the mining laws, if for no other reason, and to quote- they are "antiquated and no longer applicable". Which is a pretty scary prospect seeing's how another set of rather important documents- the Constitution and Bill of Rights, is much older and even more "antiquated", are they any less applicable now than when first written? If/when this MMAC agency comes to fruition, the day after headline, mantra, catch phrase, and slogan of every extremist eco and anti- mining group in the nation will be- "Miners now welcome amending the "old" mining laws and support the implementaion of more modern laws and regulation" Truth be damned, our participation by forced proxy will be fodder for the anti's spin.
A concern I have about how the reestablishment of the historical Rand mining district has come about is the seemingly (to me) underhanded way of going about the vote for the new board of directors. They have to follow the original by laws to make it legal. The orignal by laws state that the original district encompasses all claims within 5 miles of the original Rand mine (Yellow Aster mine). For the benefit of forming a more complete representation of the district, and in good faith to make sure all those effected are heard, you mean to tell me they couldn't facilitate a physical location in additon to an email address for one day within a 10 mile stretch of Randsburg to accomodate as many folks as possible? Will that speak to their future represenatation tactics as well? The overall approach from start to present seems rather haphazard and hasty. We all know that prior planning prevents pizz poor performance, so far all I've seen is a fly by the seat of your pants and learn as ya go, back track if need be method. Thank God the authors of the Articles of Confederation, followed by the Constitution and subsequent addition of the Bill of Rights had the fortitude, tenacity, and most of all patience and commitment to "get it right" before binding an entire nation to it's decree. That should be their approach as well since this effects all of us!

I am not attacking these folks, this is an honest scrutiny of an entity that wants control over me and what's mine- I won't give that away haphazard or hastily. They have had, and continue to have the ability and avenues to answer the questions of those they intend to "serve"! We have been ignored and stepped around, yet We are who they propose to represent, or is it?

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i see this as addendum to our rights, not a rewrite, get the frekin opposition off our backs, they will not stop
as we all know, the special interest have been tryin for years to abolish the mining act, bill of rights, constitution be damned
EPA, ESA, CWA will be used in any manner to abolish mining rights
look no further then what happen with the logging industry and small communities, the spotted owl took care of that, all a bunch of emotional hype
again, reinhart/miners is dredging cuz of our fed mining rights, no, California is corrupt with no respect for individual rights. heck the system here in crazyfornia is in violation of there own constitution, AG Kamala should be recalled

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few Copy and Paste Important Jefferson Mining District Website (Jefferson Mining District - Mining Law - South West Oregon Mining Association) Information Updates:

WARNING: A JMD Assemblyman was approached by an EOMA representative with a FRAUDULENT PERMIT INDUCEMENT REGARDING MINING & WATER RIGHTS promoting MMAC style "mining district authority" the effect of which would be to extort, coerce or unlawfully infringe those granted mining & water rights. It violates the JMD permanent injunction against the State.
See JMD Lawsuit Victory Below.

See the Mineral Grants starting in 1866 and the Oregon Water Law GRANT of 1899 below. Instead, the promoted "authority" was pursuant to MMAC FRAUDULENT or Misrepresented "mining district" water authority having no basis in law. Even if it were a lawful permit application, the application is a serious Safety & Security breach to all grantees. And caused so because agencies do not consult with EACH grantee as required by law.

Don't Be Deceived. Don't sign the DEQ permit document. EOMA and MMAC are not your friends. Educate yourself to the fact. MMAC-assisted "mining districts" are State legal entities, not actual mining districts. Contact us and we can explain it through properly interpreted law.

Public Land for the People has stated "The relationship between PLP and MMAC is stronger than ever and will continue to grow in 2017" fully supporting this deception against you, grantees and other beneficiaries, to our detriment.
Regarding protecting mineral property in asserting the grants, not compromising granted Locateable mineral rights by not straddling the unlawfully imposed regulatory fence, "I'm having trouble with my Board of Directors on that." - Jerry Hobbs. Stated at a GPAA sponsored Gold Show, Roseburg.
Do not compromise your property, rights, or remedies, placing them in the hands of foreign corporate interests.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread