Jeff’s Rubber Mat Miller Table

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff95531 contacted me in regards with some questions in regards to the Miller Table and some links on eBay. My reply was don’t buy and let me build you a rubber mat Miller Table. I told Jeff that the table does not need to be very wide or very long. With that said I will build Jeff a copy of my Miller Table but on a slightly smaller scale. Jeff will be in charge of gathering a tub and a means of securing the Miller Table where he can adjust the angle and side to side to get the water flowing evenly. (I suggest coping my PVC frame on a smaller scale)

The Miller Table will be 7” wide and 24” long. Does not need to be any larger and will have a vial mounted into the upper end making collecting the gold a breeze. The parts that you see below are what are needed and some ½” nylon plate to cap the end of the table.

Rubber Grommets, 1/2" Pipe, Vial, Water Valve, 1/2' End Cap, Brass Hose Barb, Rubber Mat, Folded Aluminum Box, Attwood 500 GPH Pump, Scotch Brite Pad, and #6 x 3/4” Stainless Steel Screws. Not shown is the nylon plate for the end cap and water diffuser.

For anyone that has not seen the finished Rubber Mat Miller Table here is a link to my larger table and video's of the table working. Rubber Mat Miller Table

Jeff1.jpg Jeff2.jpg Jeff3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I can already see "The Grasshopper" doing a happy dance Keith! Kind of reminds me of Snoopy from the Peanuts comic strip. Oh wait... That's when he does his Red Baron imitation... My bad

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff,

This build will not take long as I will work on it between other things. I should have it in the mail back to you before Tuesday. Going to post pictures so if anyone else would like to build a very simple but useful gold recovery tool.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow Keith, that's fast but no pressure from my end, ok? One of the many things I like about this table is it's a "desk top version". We have a large tent room attached to the awning on our travel trailer. That means I can put it on the card table and use it rain or shine, anytime I want and can listen to my music (in stereo) while having a cool one and spooning in the cons. Hmm, guess I have given this a little thought. :laughing7:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup! That be the dance! Same one I'll be doing when I get myself moved up north and can get back out in the field with a vengeance! I'm starting to think me Irish ar$e is welded to this computer chair and the research monster has me fully within it's nasty grasp! :blob8:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So to clear some misconception. I am not selling the Miller Tables. Jeff had PMed me for some help of which was stated in my first post, I offered to build Jeff a Miller Table to help Jeff out.

Spent about an hour tonight and put the Miller Table together. Just a few items left to complete the table. The rear nylon plate needs to be drilled on the bottom and sides for the #6 screws, top diffuser needs to be made and screwed into place, install the vial, and the rubber mat installed. Then its off to the post office on its way to Jeff.

ytoQRK.jpg qqzazT.jpg JKXEp2.jpg
a3JU9N.jpg 8XyRAB.jpg lcGKrF.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff,

Because this Miller Table is being made to order you do have a few choice that may or may not impact how you use it. You can select A or B where you want the vial mounted as I can only drill the hole once. Also you can select what side you want the valve as this will impact you whether your left or right handed and the direction the water flows from left to right or right to left to how your seated. Let me know...

fIWzEH.jpg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just about done. Need to make the diffuser for the top to hide the sprayer, drill the hole for the vial and attach the rubber mat to the aluminum. I really like this small version of my much larger Rubber Mat Miller Table. It's small and compact and does the same job as the larger Miller Table.

Jeff12.jpg Jeff13.jpg Jeff14.jpg

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you have the carpet in there to make a smooth flow? Also i am curious as to how you mount the vial i would like to do the same to my black magic miller table thanks..
Daniel

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you have the carpet in there to make a smooth flow? Also i am curious as to how you mount the vial i would like to do the same to my black magic miller table thanks..
Daniel

The green pad you see is Scotch Bright Pad used in the kitchen to scrub pots and pans. I use it to absorb the water and allow the water to flow out evenly, works great. Your going to have a problem installing the vial with the rubber mat already installed on your Black Magic. Drilling a hole the rubber will catch and tear. You may want to disassemble the water box on the BM and see if you can lift the corner of the rubber mat and peel it downward. If you can drill a hole slightly larger than a vial using a Unibit as this bit will drill a nearly perfect hole. Then reattach the rubber over the hole and cut a X in the rubber within the hole.

You will need to drill out the plastic cap of the vial nearly side to side using the Unibit, make sure that a pre hole is drilled first so that you can find the true center of the cap. Next push the cap through the rubber mat into the hole, if its to tight then you will need to size the hole a little bigger. Once the cap is flush to the top of the mat turn the BM over, with a sharp razorblade and cut any remaining rubber mat from around the vial cap. Finish of the by using Silicone Seal around the vial cap securing the cap to the bottom of the aluminum bottom.

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh ok i was on the right track with what i thought was carpet the scotch pad is a great idea ill use it to smooth out the flow on my BM because it isn't very uniform and i may try drilling the hole from the bottom without penetrating the matting...thanks for taking the time to help me out it is very appreciated

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff,

I work on your Miller Table in my free time in the evening. Today was not a good day, I was cutting out the bulkheads for a Viper-Vac kit to be delivered this week when my Makita Plunge Router died this afternoon. Here is where I am at with the table. I made up the diffuser and got drilled out and mounted with stainless steel screws. I have misplaced my new step drill bit of which I need to drill the hole for the vial. I have others but they are not sharp. I will get the table finished up some time this week I hope if I do not have to go out of town with work.

Jeff15.jpg Jeff16.jpg Jeff17.jpg Jeff18.jpg

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keith, no worries. You lost a drill bit, I lost a pick. We haven't had any cable for over 24 hrs now and I got into it with the new landlord who said "it just has to dry out". Right, you mean May?? I don't think so. Then we get an interior water leak from our fresh water tank. It's just a reserve, but it decided to take a dump somewhere in line just when the rains hit hard. I drained the tank and it's fixed for now but still, I have to dismantle my bed (about 30 screws) to get to whatever problem is in there. The leak soaked my laundry in the process, so had to do laundry in the pouring rain. Point is shi* happens and it always seems to show up around the holidays. I'll get it when I get it and you and yours have a Merry Christmas Keith. It looks REALLY good by the way.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff,

I got the mat and vial installed. Need to let the silicone that's holding the vial in place set up then I will take a few more pictures. I did something different on your Miller Table, I wrapped the entire inside with the rubber mat with one continuous piece of rubber. After doing this I prefer this over just installing the mat in the bottom only, reason being none of the fine gold will get trapped between the aluminum side walls and the mat edge.

I was to be finishing up a Viper-Vac kit today but could not pick up the router due to the shop being closed.

Jeff19.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russ,

That would be a drive from Arizona but would give me an excuse to visit family back in Cape Girardeau, Mo. What's for dinner, lol?

Jeff20.jpg Jeff21.jpg Jeff22.jpg Jeff23.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread