Jersey Beach Hunters Machine Poll

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, sorry Terry, misunderstanding on my part. I do have a way of over analysing something and that comes through in my questions. The reason I asked the question the way I did is cause for topics like this I usually get information overload. I have a detector, a Tesoro vaquero, but want to get one for the beach. I've heard our beaches can be a pain with all the iron so I thought if I just got a list of peoples machines I could asertain the most popular ones and make my choice from that. I hope there are no hard feelings. And I do love NJ also! Born and raised in Buena, living in Mount Laurel!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, sorry Terry, misunderstanding on my part. I do have a way of over analysing something and that comes through in my questions. The reason I asked the question the way I did is cause for topics like this I usually get information overload. I have a detector, a Tesoro vaquero, but want to get one for the beach. I've heard our beaches can be a pain with all the iron so I thought if I just got a list of peoples machines I could asertain the most popular ones and make my choice from that. I hope there are no hard feelings. And I do love NJ also! Born and raised in Buena, living in Mount Laurel!

No hard feelings here! You are already set for your dry sand needs with the Vaquero! Now you need a wet sand water machine, and that will just depend on your budget and stamina. If you're rich and lazy, get a multi-frequency Minelab Excalibur. If you're middle-class like me and don't mind digging all targets, get a Tesoro Sand Shark!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Biteme.jpg
    Biteme.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm definetly lazy AND middle-class, soooo since I already love Tesoro.....

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sand Shark is a PI machine. I read that they don't handle high mineralized sand. Was I misinformed?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Sand Shark is a PI machine. I read that they don't handle high mineralized sand. Was I misinformed?

Yes you were. Pulse induction machines excel in black sand. No other machine can match them.

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, well lesson learned. Thanks for setting me straight!

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess you can't explain it. So can you at least explain what the coded massage is.

You don't want to know

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This guy from Arizona can't explain his own posts.

Sure I can. I just prefer to let you try and figure it out for yourself as EVERYBODY ELSE already has. :laughing7:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Terry Soloman said:
Sure I can. I just prefer to let you try and figure it out for yourself as EVERYBODY ELSE already has. :laughing7:

Who's everybody.? Have you figured out the word moronic yet?

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on guys. We're all brothers and sisters of the coil. Lets not squabble.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Terry Soloman said:
Yes you were. Pulse induction machines excel in black sand. No other machine can match them.

Lots of black sand in jersey

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I feel real welcome here. I ask a question and then I get called moronic because you didn't understand it. Thanks Catobra for pointing out my obvious lack of attention in not reading your avatar. And the last time I checked, the sky is blue. At least it is in my world.
Thank you ticm for the straight answer!

I've been debating answering this or just letting it go, but I just can't.....

You appeared to come out swinging from your second post. I honestly tried to help by providing you that link. Wasn't being snotty or condescending or whatever, honestly trying to help the best way I knew. Ace answered-cool beans, good answer. ticm asked a good question and on your post #7 you again came out swinging. That's when I had to point that I was as clueless as to why you were upset when we were just trying to help you. You then said that you just wanted to know what we used at the beach-didn't care about brand or type, just which one. Well, "which one" is the brand and type......now I once again appear to be in trouble because the questions you asked in post #14.

I also apologize that something this simple got so out of hand, but I would appreciate you looking at the situation from another point of view.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread