Jersey Beaches Take a Beating from Noreaster!

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tons of sand washed away AGAIN from this storm. I was up and down the southern end of the State since Friday. The beach photo is in Atlantic City on Cat beach looking at what was still built up on that beach. I am standing a few feet lower as you can see on about 4 blocks where it is now flat and sand is gone. Oh and cat beach because a feral community lives under the boardwalk. There are NO gulls or pigeons around here.
IMG_20131014_161054_442.jpg

Here are a few finds and some of the BETTER JUNK jewelry. The chain and metals are 14 K. Plenty of change though and working fast and not paying attention I have a Rosey and Mercury dime. Merc cleaned up pretty well but has a crack in the middle and back worn real smooth around the edges. The black bracelet is stainless with a high gloss finish.

IMG_20131014_164449_098.jpg IMG_20131014_173603_073.jpg IMG_20131014_211333_360.jpg IMG_20131014_210744_682.jpg IMG_20131014_211629_536.jpg 1e83a6aa-a538-466c-8d5e-ff855d292432.jpg IMG_20131014_210646_784.jpg

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice chain! I have no gold chains this year but my fingers are still crossed.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Nice collection. I see your coins don't get as crusty as they do in Miami. I wonder if it's the colder water up there?

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are cut we dream about. Nice finds! :occasion14:

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Nice! Which detector were you using?

OP
OP
NJcigarman

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice collection. I see your coins don't get as crusty as they do in Miami. I wonder if it's the colder water up there?

I cleaned the green off quite a few. When tide was high and I was on dryer sand there were tons of targets. Especially in AC around the outside bars which are all closed. The gold and the black bracelet I found right near a beach bar by the Tropicana Hotel.
Guys argue with me but Sandy took the beaches (sand) and washed it into the downtown. This is like the second piece of gold I found since May. Lots of silver but no gold. Same issue in the water everything seems to be recent drops. I put many hours in and I expected a banner year after Sandy. That pile is about 40 hrs of hunting last fri sat sun and mon. So I just got to keep on plugging and hope they don't keep dumping sand on Jersey beaches. Plus since the diggers and other shows it was the most beach hunters I have ever seen this summer.

OP
OP
NJcigarman

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice! Which detector were you using?

The PI until Monday. So many nails, can slaw and I switched over to the ATPro on the dry. There is one beach in another town we call Nail Beach. Five years ago started pulling big nails out of the wet sand. Has been consistent whenever I hit this beach at least a dozen nails. But I just have this bad gene I like to dig everything. Needless to say I have been surprised many times.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
NJC - Nice finds!!!!! Yup, if we keep getting hit like this and we will once again be able to walk under the life guard station down by the Taj. Then the really old stuff starts to show up!!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

thanx for the post. And thanx for taking a pix of the actual beach itself. Ie.: the "cut" and so forth. Makes for a great post ! Now if you can please just send some of those swells and winds and tides over to California. We need some beach cuts like that :) Been too calm here for too long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread