Jersey Shore Hunt

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had to be out near the Jersey Shore for a customer at 10pm at night so I took the opportunity to hit the beach for a little hunt.
Ended up on Bradley Beach. When I got there, about 5:30pm, the tide was pretty high and waves were crashing very near the shore so I didn't hunt in the surf I hit the dry sand with my T2. Which I haven't used much on the beach. It did very well and found a 10pence coin about 10" down with a very strong tone. I hunted Disc 21, Tones 1, Sens 90. These are the Thomas Dankowski settings. There was another guy there with an Excal didn't get to talk to him though. One guy approached me and told me that he had lost a large link, brushed gold bracelet between the pier and the first rock jetty to the left. He gave me his phone number but with the waves breaking and the machine I was using, I didn't want to getting too close to the waves and the place that the bracelet might be. You would have to hunt this area at low tide.

Anyway, here is the finds from this 2 1/2 hour hunt. The rings are junk, one is stainless steel and black, one is complete junk but they were exciting for a couple seconds in the scoop.

Attachments

• NJ Hunt.png
    NJ Hunt.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 529
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt and a sharp looking heater...................

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
even junk rings are move fun to find than a penny! good hunt!

OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
cntrydncr1 said:
even junk rings are move fun to find than a penny! good hunt!

Funny you said that about the penny. I put my own wedding band in the sand and with the T2 it gave me a Penny (75) reading. So I dug every penny I came across with high hopes!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The new pennies sure sound like gold with the excalibur if their starting to breakup

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
Decent looking hunt... I found my T2 did very well in the dry stuff but doesn't like the wet sand at all :thumbsup: it wouldn't ground balance at all for me there...

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North Jersey beaches are steep. This makes them tough to hunt on an incomig tide or with on shore winds.

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats my fellow York countian. Looks like this beach kept you very busy ! If you want to, we should hook up back here and do a hunt. I remember we spoke about it late last year. If interested yell back at me.

Todd

OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
tjc45 said:
North Jersey beaches are steep. This makes them tough to hunt on an incomig tide or with on shore winds.
Yes they are, that area I referred to where the guy supposedly lost the bracelet would have been treacherous.

Craig-PI said:
Decent looking hunt... I found my T2 did very well in the dry stuff but doesn't like the wet sand at all :thumbsup: it wouldn't ground balance at all for me there...
I hunted the dry sand only. I wish I would have read the manual again concerning manual ground balancing, I would have manually balance to under 10, and see how it did. I knew I had to manually ground balance just couldn't figure out the range, wanted to make the best use of the little time I had. Maybe next time.

sgratrider said:
Congrats my fellow York countian. Looks like this beach kept you very busy ! If you want to, we should hook up back here and do a hunt. I remember we spoke about it late last year. If interested yell back at me.

Todd
Would love to, business has been busy for me, I feel very fortunate. I have hired and have been training an apprentice. He is doing great so I may get some free time soon. You are down at the paper mill, right? Send me an email.
I am posting my first gold ring find from Florida in a minute.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread