Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
Rebel - KGC said:
Define "JJ EXPERTS"...

Anyone who has researched Jesse James and his robberies, movements, lifestyle, etc....

OP
OP
Kyboy

Kyboy

Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
Ok thank you. Ill check out the library.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Go to the Library of Congress online and look for the Pinkerton Papers. It has all of the robberies, all of the gang members, amounts of money taken and all of the investigations by the Pinkerton Agents. These papers even have the trials of Frank James and other gang members and their testimonies.

It is highly possible that JJ and his gang members did rob a bank in Indiana as they robbed a bank in Northfield, Minnosota.

Yep!

OP
OP
Kyboy

Kyboy

Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
A couple of friends and I are digging out a cellar hole at an old farm that dates to early mid 1800's. The owner told us a family story that sounds like a common story associated with JJ and his gang. He said that the gang robbed a bank in Lanesville Indiana and fled to the Ohio river where they had someone ferry them across. The stayed the night at this farm we are digging, and decided that the bags of coins were too heavy to carry with them...so they were buried on the property. The owner said this story was related to him by his grandfather. True or not, stories like this get me excited as to the "what if" it brings to mind. This is a large property with 300 acres and ALOT of trash in the ground. Swinging a coil for a "what if" just don't seem reasonable. But if I find out its a true story....we'll be spending alot of time there. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread