Jesse James Lived on according to his great granddaughter.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're basing your knowledge of history on "tha news", you're in trouble before you even begin. Important historical discoveries are made through lots of research, hard work, and in-the-field experience, not by listening to or believing everything you hear on "tha news".
~Texas Jay

Exactly. Now see, that wasn't hard was it? Good luck, an be sure'n give me a holler when them new history books come out. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly. Now see, that wasn't hard was it? Good luck, an be sure'n give me a holler when them new history books come out. :thumbsup:

No, it certainly wasn't hard or unusual for me as I've spent thousands of hours researching and conducted hundreds of hours of field work on Jesse and Frank James, "Bloody Bill" Anderson, Quantrill's Guerrillas, and the Knights of the Golden Circle and my associates have also done their share in the past 12 years while conducting the most thorough and extensive investigation into "Bloody Bill" Anderson (Jesse James's mentor) ever attempted. One of my associates is the foremost authority on Jesse Woodson James in my estimation. We're not in the book-writing business. We are independent researchers who don't accept money for our work, unlike the traditionalists who spin their yarns based on how much money they can make in the process.
~Texas Jay

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
No, it certainly wasn't hard or unusual for me as I've spent thousands of hours researching and conducted hundreds of hours of field work on Jesse and Frank James, "Bloody Bill" Anderson, Quantrill's Guerrillas, and the Knights of the Golden Circle and my associates have also done their share in the past 12 years while conducting the most thorough and extensive investigation into "Bloody Bill" Anderson (Jesse James's mentor) ever attempted. One of my associates is the foremost authority on Jesse Woodson James in my estimation. We're not in the book-writing business. We are independent researchers who don't accept money for our work, unlike the traditionalists who spin their yarns based on how much money they can make in the process.
~Texas Jay

Yessir, seen your "research". Demonstrated right here on this thread. I'm tryin ta be polite. :wink:

As I said, good luck with that an give me a holler when ye change tha history books. :thumbsup:

Have a good'un!

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interestin Thesis, an relevant I would say. Worth a read. :wink:

BASED ON A TRUE STORY: JESSE JAMES AND THE REINTERPRETATION OF HISTORY IN POPULAR MEDIA

https://libres.uncg.edu/ir/asu/f/Sherrill, Allen final.pdf

conspiracy theorists.png

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he had tried to turn himself in for clemency cause he was so old but no one would believe him

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Facts have always been elusive things, tailored for a purpose and designed to benefit someone. Of course, "documentation" proves facts ... right?

The Black Book is strictly allegorical, IMO, describing a shadowy Organization that controls the resources, owns the law and steers politics from behind the scenes. Ike called them the Military Industrial Complex. Today I guess we call them the Deep State. Howk called them the KGC, although that group had played out by 1913 when the Organization took the catbird seat. I seriously doubt many folks believe Howk was being serious about all those "JJ identities", or was actually trying to be "factual" with the book.

Anyway, did some club of rich guys really put boatloads of gold back in the ground? Don't know, but when the value of the fiat US dollar goes to zero, we might find out. The dollar's already 98% of the way dead. My only question about the Black Book is, why did he write it? You could be right - just for the money. But book writers on that sales level seldom make any money or even break even.

Dr. Roy Roush, a longtime and well-respected treasure hunter, wrote 3 books about the Knights of the Golden Circle several years ago. I read them all after they were published. In one of the books, Roush explains the history of the book "Jesse James Was One of His Names". Roush knew both co-authors, Del Shrader and Orvus Howk, very well and had gone treasure hunting, on at least one occasion, with Howk. They went to one of the sites that "J. Frank Dalton" had told Howk about. In one of the books, Roush tells that Howk only furnished the first section of the "Black Book". Schrader had already paid him for the entire book but when Schrader was pressed by the publishing company to meet a deadline, he asked Howk for the rest of the manuscript as agreed upon. Howk met him and demanded more money, that Schrader didn't have, and Howk even pulled a gun on him during the encounter. Schrader ended up having to write all but the first chapter or two from his memory of conversations he'd had with Howk.
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread