May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know guys, shouldn't they look more like this?
View attachment 1053324
location: North of the Silver King Mine on the Magma Fault shown in the back ground.

If you are going to mine Silver and Gold you go where the largest deposits are found?

Have you been out there to verify that's what they are ?
Looks like heavy deposits of copper sulphates around the pits.

Up close, might look like this....

copper sulphates.png

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I have not stopped to look at them, but I will confirm them on my next trip out there. They are 5 miles North of the Silver King Mine. I have hauled the Ingots out of the Mines there in Miami/Globe. Spent time looking the ore sites over, so have seen the copper sulfates.
http://www.asarco.com/about-us/our-locations/ray-operations/

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, some hiker, it might be easier if you remember how an arrastre is constructed. and how large it can comfortably be worked.a0 12 ft is normal. Remember an Indian or a burro has to pull those drag stones around, and they ARE large.
Somerun around 3 4 cu ft = 1000 - 1500 lbs.

Don Jose

I wrote " traces " of arrastres and not in good condition . Wayne was looking for a visible . I am sure the Jesuits destroyed all to hide their traces .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a place along the Magma RR line near Twin Buttes, where they may have drained ore cars in the past.
The sulphates there look the same on GE.

Magma spill.png

Pretty sure I have a camera shot somewhere of that spill too.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hiker Yes, you can id drag stones by one side being ground very smooth and the upper surface will be drilled witn a 1" or 2" hole and a wooden crotch driven into it where moisture will cause it to expand and be firmly wedged

We have an old operation near here where there are aprox 20 or 30 drag stones Want them?/

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doubt you would find anything outdoors, two-three hundred years old, with a wooden peg still present.
Iron's been around for a long time though, and those who knew how to use it as well.
Worn out drill bits could be used, reforged into eye bolts and a perfect fit for the hole they made in the rock with a good bit.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius I do not see anything in your Canyon. I took High resolution photos of your Canyon with coordinates on them so we can all see if there is anything.
Marius Claim.PNG Looking back down the Draw.PNG Ground View.PNG
Same as original only Google Earth with photos taken PNG quality.
Marius 2011.PNG On up the Canyon.PNG Wide View.PNG

Other views of the site. Why do you believe this to be the Purisma de Concepcion Mine?
However I did find other interesting spots on that Mountian posted below.

Old Mine or Indian Site..PNG South Side.PNG
Mine close by.PNG Road 2.PNG

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sailaway

Just I believe how is there . If you trust me , go and verify . If you don't , just skip and ignore .

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it look like I skipped and ignored? I went to a lot of trouble to match your 400 pixel pic to to the area when we are used to looking at Mega-pixels. This with out having coordinates to go to, but I had previously looked at that area. It still took me half a day to match it up. then had to go up and down that Canyon looking from both sides and overhead to see if I could spot anything that showed that mining has been done there. I take this very seriously when it comes to the Jesuit mining. Beliefs are not good enough when posting to the whole world wouldn't you think? Yes you can believe anything you want but should have some facts that back up a belief when stating that you are presenting a known lost treasure to the public.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Hiker,yer right, but the holes are far larger than needed for iron fittings. These stones are for wood attachments, not iron. Incidentally that is one way to date your arrastre. On the modern ones I have see them use drill rod for the pivot

the rod is set firmly in the base and a pointed rod used for the upper pivor. It was centered in the dimple of the drill face.

Incidentally they used iron wood where available,, it has a unique virtue of lasting for centuries without rotting.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good to know. I had suspected that Ironwood was so named because of it's properties.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi my friend some hiker: Once in the 50's I holed up at Urique for a few days. I was looking, and felt like a drowned rat. I had jusr returned from exploring some of the barrancas that formed the Baranca de Cobre It had been raining for three days., I was kinda glad to have a dry bed to sleep in

.Any way the Mayor of the town = six houses then - had a rich lil vein so he built an 15 ft arrastre in the river on a small ilet. his power source was a horizontal waterwheel with an overhead feed. I wasn't fast but it was fascinating on how efficient it was, He had quite a collection of plum sized amalgam balls

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it look like I skipped and ignored? I went to a lot of trouble to match your 400 pixel pic to to the area when we are used to looking at Mega-pixels. This with out having coordinates to go to, but I had previously looked at that area. It still took me half a day to match it up. then had to go up and down that Canyon looking from both sides and overhead to see if I could spot anything that showed that mining has been done there. I take this very seriously when it comes to the Jesuit mining. Beliefs are not good enough when posting to the whole world wouldn't you think? Yes you can believe anything you want but should have some facts that back up a belief when stating that you are presenting a known lost treasure to the public.

sailaway

I will try to have more facts in the future when I will present another site . Also ,one thing is a fact : you ( and others ) didn't respect my beliefs . You posted the site which I believe how is important , with the coordinates , without to ask my permission . You ( and others ) have broken the treasure hunting code of Conduct . A real treasure hunter never did this .
In the future I will be more careful .
You ( and others ) can continue your laugh , but how the proverb says " Those who will laugh to the end , will laugh better " .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can we please get back on topic? Save the drama for your momma!

My mom died when I was 21 old . If you will refer another time to my mom , maybe I will not be so polite . Capito ?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius when a person posts to a world wide bulletin board the information is public. Others do not need your permission to post their views about what has been publicly announced. There are no copy rights or claims to the information released by you. I have previously posted that you never intend to come here to the United States but would rather sit at your computer desk with the Mediterranean out your window, so you can never have a claim anyway. As far as the Coordinates go I believe that keeping secret the locations of found clues is why we are still searching for these Jesuit Lost Treasures. If the Treasure Hunting community would share more finds locations and facts then we may be able to solve these mysteries quicker. Personally I do not care who solves this whole matter of are the treasures real or not, but want it proven so that there is no need for this thread. When the treasures have been brought up out of their holding room then we will know they are real and will not have to question the fact. I would rather be examining an arrastre in the hot desert than explaining this.

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP Basics: Copyright on the Internet
Basic limits to copyright
Although email messages and web pages may enjoy copyright protection, rights are subject to several fundamental limits. For example, only expression is protected, not facts or ideas. Also, later works that merely happen to be very similar (or even identical) to earlier works do not infringe if they were, in fact, independently created. Sources of general information on those topics are listed below:
Fair use, Licenses implied in fact, Express Licenses,Special situations, Private lists, Authors' Rights: Registration, Notice, Links and Frames: Caveats, User's Risks.
Although web pages and email messages are protected as soon as created, copyright registration is needed before owners can bring suit.

IP Basics: Copyright on the Internet » UNH School of Law

So No Where Have I Infringed On His Rights Ed. T. Are you now Marius's legal adviser? Do you have a position within the Bar association? It is Illegal to give out Legal advice to anyone without first having applied to the Bar.

UNAUTHORIZED PRACTICE OF LAW
legal advice and legal instrument and contract preparation, whether or not these subjects were rendered in the course of litigation.” Birbower, Montalban, Condo & Frank, P.C . v Superior Court., supra, at 128. Providing legal advice or service is a violation of the State Bar Act if done by an unlicensed person, even if the advice or service does not relate to any matter pending before a court. (Mickel v. Murphy (1957) 147 Cal.App.2d 718, 721.)

http://da.co.la.ca.us/pdf/UPLpublic.pdf
Being as you are from California I used the Cali. law. Should I contact Kamala D. Harris the Attorney General of California? You may obtain a referral to a certified lawyer referral service by contacting the State Bar at 866-442-2529 (toll-free in California) or 415-538-2250 (from outside California), or via their website at: http://www.calbar.ca.gov

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Portals/0/documents/Regulation/2013_ComplaintForm-InstructionsENG.pdf

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius----"aerial picture ( not GE )"
Me----satellite image (BING Maps)---no co-ordinates shown > different image from different resource
sailaway---- GE satellite images---with GE co-ordinates >> also different images from another resource (GE)

So, where's the beef ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread