JESUIT TREASURES - ARE THEY REAL?

Scorch

Nov 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deducer,

- Thanks for adding Fr. Och.! :icon_thumleft:

- I have been looking at the archive website alluded to by Crow and Gollum above, ( @ www.sjweb.info/arsi/ ), among much else it says that the Order often printed the travel journals of its foreign missionaries for the public, and that they were very popular and thus a good source of extra revenues.

- Those interested, click on 'archives' then select F. Danieluk’s article. It is very informative, tho' it seems that each Jesuit province also has its own archives and that much historical material has been kept at these levels.

Thanks!! :coffee2:,

Scorch

Last edited:

MaroonedInOhio

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2014
Barberton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to know everyones thoughts on "charging" the ground with a port.generator? Have heard of this technique but never seen in action...

MIO

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to know everyones thoughts on "charging" the ground with a port.generator? Have heard of this technique but never seen in action...

MIO

It works really well for getting earthworms to come up so you can catch them for fishing bait.

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor MIO, care to explain a little about this charging the ground with a port gen??

The theory is that if you charge the ground (specifically put pos and neg electrodes into the ground far apart), there will be a disturbance (or eddy) in the area around any buried metals.

Marooned,

What you are talking about is ground resistivity. Don't fall prey to the Resistivity Meters that are powered by nine volt batteries. They are worthless. Real ones are much more powerful and actually work.

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hrtr ya are gully, notice that they used three (3) different frequencies.

.jpg Geopnysical freq variation pp2.jpg Geophysical report pp3.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I usually don't reply to old threads, but I know the OP is still with us. I did skim the whole original starter thread, but not in detail. I have read articles about this Treasure/no Treasure situation many times.
I know that there were very few Jesuits that were on the record as "hoarding" wealth, but all that I have heard about were "hoarding" pearls, not gold or silver. The exception being the mines in Mexico.
When the great reform of expelling the Jesuits and replacing them with Franskens, the area was thoroughly searched and the mystic wealth attributed to the SJ order was thoroughly debunked. Sure there were probably the rare exceptions, but being undocumented, they will probably never be found.
Now, how about the story of the church gold buried on the dry lake near Wilcox in the Dos Cabasos area ?
Frank five star.png
6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I usually don't reply to old threads, but I know the OP is still with us. I did skim the whole original starter thread, but not in detail. I have read articles about this Treasure/no Treasure situation many times.
I know that there were very few Jesuits that were on the record as "hoarding" wealth, but all that I have heard about were "hoarding" pearls, not gold or silver. The exception being the mines in Mexico.
When the great reform of expelling the Jesuits and replacing them with Franskens, the area was thoroughly searched and the mystic wealth attributed to the SJ order was thoroughly debunked. Sure there were probably the rare exceptions, but being undocumented, they will probably never be found.
Now, how about the story of the church gold buried on the dry lake near Wilcox in the Dos Cabasos area ?
Frank View attachment 1088833
View attachment 1088834

FRANKN,

Jesuits took individual vows of poverty. They could not personally own material goods (other than their breviaries, rosaries, etc). Anything of value was owned by the Order and Mother Church (as they put it "FOR THE GLORIOUS DIVINE SERVICE").

mIKE

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franken: Hi my friend: you posted -->Sure there were probably the rare exceptions, but being undocumented, they will probably never be found

I agree to a point, but since I have found and own Tayopa I can take issue with you. Have you ever been in the North West barranca country " As Cortez said to the king on trying to explain NW Mexico, he took a piece of parchment and crumpled it, then opened it on the table without any attempt to flatten it out, and said "There is Mexico.

I can attest to that, in many of the berrancas that I rode my mule into, they still have no visitors, even today. When it rains in those regions, it rains, a few heavy rains or Hurricanes can literally wipe out any evidence of mining.

I have explained why Tayopa has no external evidence of any mining - go to the Tayopa thread - I also freely gave the location of Las Pimas and La Tarasca and defy anyone to find their tailings.

View attachment 1088925 View attachment 1088926 View attachment 1088927 View attachment 1088928 View attachment 1088931 View attachment 1088932

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Frank View attachment 1088833
View attachment 1088834

I see that others have already answered you but will address one point, that "church treasure" that is supposedly buried in the dry lake near Willcox; what I could find on this is that it was not a Jesuit church treasure but more likely Franciscan padres transporting valuables, and the story apparently dates to the 1820s. At least I could not find any older reference to it, and a party of Franciscan padres was attacked in what is that county, but without some better clue to help locate it, that dry lake is a pretty large piece of real estate to try to go over with a metal detector. :dontknow: Sorry I don't have more info to help you on it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
FRANKN,

Jesuits took individual vows of poverty. They could not personally own material goods (other than their breviaries, rosaries, etc). Anything of value was owned by the Order and Mother Church (as they put it "FOR THE GLORIOUS DIVINE SERVICE").

mIKE

I have to agree with you on the vows, but there are mavericks in every group, yes, even priests. There were two known SJ priest removed from there missions in NA due to hoarding pearls. I have personally known two priest in the SJ order. One was on the review board and I can tell you mavericks still exist to this day.
They work for the man upstairs, but they are human just like us. Just my thoughts, Frank five star.png

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Franken: Hi my friend: you posted -->Sure there were probably the rare exceptions, but being undocumented, they will probably never be found

I agree to a point, but since I have found and own Tayopa I can take issue with you. Have you ever been in the North West barranca country " As Cortez said to the king on trying to explain NW Mexico, he took a piece of parchment and crumpled it, then opened it on the table without any attempt to flatten it out, and said "There is Mexico.

I can attest to that, in many of the berrancas that I rode my mule into, they still have no visitors, even today. When it rains in those regions, it rains, a few heavy rains or Hurricanes can literally wipe out any evidence of mining.

I have explained why Tayopa has no external evidence of any mining - go to the Tayopa thread - I also freely gave the location of Las Pimas and La Tarasca and defy anyone to find their tailings.

View attachment 1088925 View attachment 1088926 View attachment 1088927 View attachment 1088928 View attachment 1088931 View attachment 1088932

I have to agree with you also, but please note that I noted an exception for Mexico in my original post.
Frank five star.png

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I see that others have already answered you but will address one point, that "church treasure" that is supposedly buried in the dry lake near Willcox; what I could find on this is that it was not a Jesuit church treasure but more likely Franciscan padres transporting valuables, and the story apparently dates to the 1820s. At least I could not find any older reference to it, and a party of Franciscan padres was attacked in what is that county, but without some better clue to help locate it, that dry lake is a pretty large piece of real estate to try to go over with a metal detector. :dontknow: Sorry I don't have more info to help you on it.

Well, I read the story years ago and my research time is limited at preasent due to eye surgery, but I will try to find it. From my recollections There was a wagon train of church gold brought to the America from Mexico. It contained gold bars, statues and other church valuables. There were bandits following so they decided to bury the treasure. The bandits caught up and killed all but a small boy. This boy relayed the story after he was found wondering aimlessly near Wilcox. I looked it up on the map and noted that the area is neat I10. They would have taken the easiest route from Mexico due to the weight of the cargo. So it is more a matter of surveying the area to guess the location of that route and working in that area with a good 2 Box.
Sure it would be like Fisher looking for that boat, but the reward of finding it would be outstanding.
Just my thoughts. Frank five star.png
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I read the story years ago and my research time is limited at preasent due to eye surgery, but I will try to find it. From my recollections There was a wagon train of church gold brought to the America from Mexico. It contained gold bars, statues and other church valuables. There were bandits following so they decided to bury the treasure. The bandits caught up and killed all but a small boy. This boy relayed the story after he was found wondering aimlessly near Wilcox. I looked it up on the map and noted that the area is neat I10. They would have taken the easiest route from Mexico due to the weight of the cargo. So it is more a matter of surveying the area to guess the location of that route and working in that area with a good 2 Box.
Sure it would be like Fisher looking for that boat, but the reward of finding it would be outstanding.
Just my thoughts. Frank View attachment 1089100
View attachment 1089101

Frankn

I wish you quick recovery and good luck ! I believe your intuition will works well .

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn

I wish you quick recovery and good luck ! I believe your intuition will works well .

Thanks, I had both lenses replaced and both eyes vented for glaucoma. The left will only regain a partial area of vision, but the right is in good shape. The odd part is ,I was near-sited before, now I am far-sited.
Frank five star.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread