JESUIT TREASURES - ARE THEY REAL?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Auhunt

Dec 7, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting I know of a price of Jesuit that was found by tortilla flats. .Either it Jesuit or it was stolen from them .Just opinion.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesuit artifacts are easy to spot if you know what to look for. they leave a trade mark on it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it hard to believe that they was not there. Seems like they were everywhere else.

Auhunt

Dec 7, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree my research has taken many turns an dead ends but it all comes back to same path. The superstitions are more than ppl think just go back 300-500-1000 yrs . Thinking outside box .Just my opinion.

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i stumbled across this in Bancroft's History of California volume 18.

Jesuit1.png
Jesuit2.png
Jesuit3.png
Jesuit4.png
Jesuit5.png

there were 37 Jesuits in all of sonora, including pimeria in 1767. for only 37 guys wearing sandals they sure got around!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501888726.995331.jpg

These two hooded figures are in the back of the third vault, to be found on my site. This photo and it's discovery are the work of Weekender.

Last summer we were there again, and I made my way to the back and felt the inside of the hoods, for faces.

There are no facial carvings, only empty hoods. They are placed in such a way to hold back several hundred pounds of rocks.

It was a little unnerving to touch them, but it needed to be done.

If Jesuits were not here in the Ozarks, someone went to a lot of work to make it look like they were here.

#/;0{>~

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those do have faces Mikel. They are looking at the wall. That could be a false wall

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who said they were not. I think they were. If it wasn't them they do the same work. I look at them good . Side ways and up side down. All figures are looking at wall. The only one that are not are the ones on the same wall

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clear off the floors. The vault may be under debris

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501907099.246615.jpg

Bob, I can't show everything, but I think you can see that the weight of the world sits on a house of cards, and the hoods are part of a trigger that could bring it all down.
Believe me when I say that it was hard for me to touch those hoods to feel for faces. They are hollow. The places that look like noses are the back side of the hoods. That was the only reason that I touched them, so I could know beyond any doubt.

Mikel

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
View attachment 1479568

These two hooded figures are in the back of the third vault, to be found on my site. This photo and it's discovery are the work of Weekender.

Last summer we were there again, and I made my way to the back and felt the inside of the hoods, for faces.

There are no facial carvings, only empty hoods. They are placed in such a way to hold back several hundred pounds of rocks.

It was a little unnerving to touch them, but it needed to be done.

If Jesuits were not here in the Ozarks, someone went to a lot of work to make it look like they were here.

#/;0{>~

There absolutely were Jesuits operating in Missouri and Arkansas, but less under Spanish, rather French colonial empire. The first was father Jacques Marquette, who came down the Mississippi by canoe. The Jesuits were actually specifically sent to the region to search for a reported silver mine, or a lead mine (depending on which source you cite) but they definitely were operating in the region at least up until the 1760s when the Spanish took over. It is well worth the time to research the history, and much of the Jesuit correspondence is readily available online, although only for the French period.

Please do continue;
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There absolutely were Jesuits operating in Missouri and Arkansas, but less under Spanish, rather French colonial empire. The first was father Jacques Marquette, who came down the Mississippi by canoe. The Jesuits were actually specifically sent to the region to search for a reported silver mine, or a lead mine (depending on which source you cite) but they definitely were operating in the region at least up until the 1760s when the Spanish took over. It is well worth the time to research the history, and much of the Jesuit correspondence is readily available online, although only for the French period.

Please do continue;

When the French dodged the Spanish and English and pinched in through northern Mi. the earliest report was of no mineral wealth. ( Though a fools gold strike one winter in Canada was noted elsewhere than my later link.)

The thing was though ,while mining was slightly farther west than the Sault , once they were there ( the Sault crossroad of waterway so to speak)they were in / near an area copper mining had been going on for many centuries.
It would not have taken long to get wind of it ,and the minor amount of silver and gold that is found with it.

One priest does not represent all. That said ,a Franciscan I met was well versed in being humble and not desiring more than enough to get by.
Beautiful handmade rosaries were his means of raising the small needs he had.
Though it must be reasoned that if the materials to make them existed simply by picking them out of rock , why would he not?
Maybe giving much to the church would come to mind ,but it did not seem the man would worry about things more than people beyond a short term forecast.

Magnify that by entire orders....Squirrel a bit of financial security if it comes your way. But don't flaunt it and attract attention.
Their purpose was missionary(?) and being tied up in mining and labor was not their purpose.

There was very real competition between Franciscans and Jesuits here. Which is interesting their being here at the same time. Arriving , as far as records nearly the same year when immigration was the cause

When we get to Allouez ( Jesuit father) , copper really gets noticed.

Marquette in 1673 made that southbound run .....turning back at the Arkansas.

No mining mentioned. Souls being the mission still throughout the regions.
Still ,word got out and mining ,prospecting ,and some acquisition eventually followed beyond what the natives were already doing.
http:// https://books.google.com/books?id=6CQzAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA22&lpg=PA22&dq=franciscan+vs+jesuit+early+history+in+Michigan&source=bl&ots=3f-pGBHNNd&sig=zUsVhUtbRNz1MlE_H4VU2KFsp5s&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP_fv1nMDVAhUCQSYKHVj1Bv8Q6AEIJjAG

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys rock!! I have learned more from you guys about the history than any other sources. You do inspire me to look more. i spend all my time on the stone work itself. thanks for all your hard work. God Bless you all.
bob

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the French dodged the Spanish and English and pinched in through northern Mi. the earliest report was of no mineral wealth. ( Though a fools gold strike one winter in Canada was noted elsewhere than my later link.)

The thing was though ,while mining was slightly farther west than the Sault , once they were there ( the Sault crossroad of waterway so to speak)they were in / near an area copper mining had been going on for many centuries.
It would not have taken long to get wind of it ,and the minor amount of silver and gold that is found with it.

One priest does not represent all. That said ,a Franciscan I met was well versed in being humble and not desiring more than enough to get by.
Beautiful handmade rosaries were his means of raising the small needs he had.
Though it must be reasoned that if the materials to make them existed simply by picking them out of rock , why would he not?
Maybe giving much to the church would come to mind ,but it did not seem the man would worry about things more than people beyond a short term forecast.

Magnify that by entire orders....Squirrel a bit of financial security if it comes your way. But don't flaunt it and attract attention.
Their purpose was missionary(?) and being tied up in mining and labor was not their purpose.

There was very real competition between Franciscans and Jesuits here. Which is interesting their being here at the same time. Arriving , as far as records nearly the same year when immigration was the cause

When we get to Allouez ( Jesuit father) , copper really gets noticed.

Marquette in 1673 made that southbound run .....turning back at the Arkansas.

No mining mentioned. Souls being the mission still throughout the regions.
Still ,word got out and mining ,prospecting ,and some acquisition eventually followed beyond what the natives were already doing.
http:// https://books.google.com/books?id=6CQzAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA22&lpg=PA22&dq=franciscan+vs+jesuit+early+history+in+Michigan&source=bl&ots=3f-pGBHNNd&sig=zUsVhUtbRNz1MlE_H4VU2KFsp5s&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP_fv1nMDVAhUCQSYKHVj1Bv8Q6AEIJjAG

Thank you Relevantchair.
Excellent information, but my phone will not open the link... I will try again later from the laptop.

This is a lot to work with and I am grateful for every word

You and Oro know your stuff.

Thankful, always.

Mikel
#/;0{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please do continue;

Oroblanco, thank you. I thanked Relevantchair on the heels of his link that I couldn't open, and mentioned you, but I wanted to make sure that you would see that I am grateful for your help... you carry a lot of information around, in your head.
It's nice to get a peek at it once in a while.

Gracious, amigo.

Mikel
#/;0{>~

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Relevantchair.
Excellent information, but my phone will not open the link... I will try again later from the laptop.

This is a lot to work with and I am grateful for every word

You and Oro know your stuff.

Thankful, always.

Mikel
#/;0{>~

I can't take credit. Others helped me through their writings or more directly.

Always more to find out about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread