Jesus and a Georgia 2 piece!

tndigger2011

Aug 21, 2011
Kingsport,TN
Detector(s) used
Fisher(F75--LTD) Garret AT Pro
For those of you that don’t know me and the others that do, I have been obsessed with finding a confederate button. Quick re-cap on my three years of hunting, I spent months in Petersburg VA, hunted at the gates of Chickamauga , found a virgin confederate camp, hunted in SC,GA,TN, witnessed several confederate buttons come out within feet of me and yet nothing,but that all changed yesterday afternoon. Myself and my buddy Rick decided to hit the trail in search of fame and fortune. Finally dug this wonderful button in a church yard of all places. Good lord blessed me with this fine GA button and demonstrated to me how diligence and hard work pay off. To date I have found my greatest treasure, near the doors of where Christs greatest treasure is taught to those who go every Sunday to hear his word.

Attachments

• button1.jpg
    button1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 848
  • button2.jpg
    button2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 841
  • button1.jpg
    button1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 846
  • button2.jpg
    button2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 848
Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on a great button! :headbang:

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story of two treasures!

I feel happy for you!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Mighty nice looking button. Too bad my old buddy Butch Holcomb CAN'T find one!!!! Good job. Tennessee digger

OP
OP
tndigger2011

tndigger2011

Aug 21, 2011
Kingsport,TN
Detector(s) used
digger tell him to hang in there took me forever just keep hunting hard and he will get one no doubt, and jeff got a ways to go before i catch your button collection but im working on it...

U

umrgolf

tndigger2011 said:
digger tell him to hang in there took me forever just keep hunting hard and he will get one no doubt, and jeff got a ways to go before i catch your button collection but im working on it...

that's a good start to your collection, I don't have a Georgia :laughing7: Keep digging there's still plenty of Rebel buttons still out there

ridger12

Apr 4, 2005
Sandy Ridge Pa
Detector(s) used
Minlab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Nice bunch of finds and that button is great. It sounds like you have found greater treasures though, treasures that moth and rust do not corrupt. Congratulations on all of your finds!

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, seriously cool and way to give a shout out to the Lord! :)

GAOldsman

Mar 10, 2011
Perry, GA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool button. And from GA as well, congrats. :thumbsup: There is rumored to be a spot close to my location where the Yankees that captured Davis camped for the first night. It is very unknown to most around here but I hope to find it soon so I can obtain permission to hunt it. Although I don't think there will be much there to find, but it would be pretty neat to find something cool like what you did.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took you 3 years to find a Confederate button? I've been hunting over 35 years and haven't found one!! I hunt a site here in south Georgia that has given up several and what do I find? Dang(excuse my French) Yankee buttons!! My buddy walked ten feet passed me and pulled a Confederate Artillery button out of the ground. I got a good signal a few minutes later and got a Union Calvary one.
I hope I live long enough to find one.
Can you get a backmark off yours? It looks like "Albert's" GA 4 and may have a "Steele and Johnson" backmark.

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! Congratulations! Really nice button. Im also curious about the backmark. Ive only found one Georgia button and it had a W.G. Minter Phila (Philadelphia) backmark.

Now that you have one maybe more will come your way. Good luck!

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful button! You couldn't ask for a nicer one. Congratulations looks like it was worth the wait. Hopefully now that you got over the hump, and got your "white whale", the CS buttons will come fast and often. HH

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You certainly started off your CS button collection by finding a good looking one. Perserverance pays off. Congrats and that one certainly won't be your last. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
tndigger2011

tndigger2011

Aug 21, 2011
Kingsport,TN
Detector(s) used
the back mark is a horstman & allien, pre war milita i believe according to subject matter experts.....also just in case a didnt mention found it with a g2...sounded like a soda can( blew my headphones off)..........

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your ending on this post. It's true! I experience not just when I go to Church but everyday when I read His Word, talk to Him, and share to others of His grace and loving mercy! God is good! :hello2: :notworthy: :hello2:

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bout time.. Great button. I knew I could teach you how to dig one. LoL. Seriously Great button. Now lets see another
ynp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread