jewish coin and old book

S

stefen

You're Judiaca find is most likely a prayer book, printed in Hebrew.

Need better pictures (larger) of outside and inside to determine exact use, but most likely as stated.

This too looks to be a modern printing and is not worth much.

Take it to a local Synagogue and ask the Rabbi to review and provide an opinion.

You will find that few people collect these items.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

zargoun

Greenie
May 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need better pictures (larger) of outside and inside to determine exact use, but most likely as stated.

This too looks to be a modern printing and is not worth much.

Take it to a local Synagogue and ask the Rabbi to review and provide an opinion.

this is some other photos from other pages, it contains 22 pages mostly are similar to these two
the size of this book is 8cm x5.5cm

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If I'm right (a seldom event) the coin was minted during the reign of Sidi Mohammed IV (Arabic: 1280-1290). These eyes see a '3' below the 'bar' on the right, which, if correct, could only be from the Arabic date of 1283--which converts to about 1867 in our Gregorian calendar.
Don......

OP
OP
Z

zargoun

Greenie
May 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I look at that coin the more I'm convinced it resembles a Moroccan 4 falus coin (from the mid 1800s),
Don..........

yes it is exactly same brother, thank you for the help.
it found in libya.

algeus

Aug 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting book.
The text is in Hebrew, however it makes no sense...just like somebody took some random text and translated it with "google translate":). Not a prayer book anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread