"JJ" and Symbols Found West of The Keechi Hills

Okie_Shooter

Jul 30, 2016
Anadarko, Ok
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14 - 1.jpg 14 - 2.jpg 14 - 1 (1).jpg 14 - 3.jpg 14 - 4.jpg 14 - 5.jpg 14 - 6.jpg 14 - 7.jpg

As a youngun I would explore the area west of Anadarko, approximately 15 miles away from the town of Cement and Fletcher Oklahoma where supposed Frank James resided. I came across some sandrock cliffs with caves in them and notice some strange, but familiar, symbols similar to those from the Jesse James maps. There are more where these came from. The picture with the cowboy has the initials "JJ" carved next to it. I plan on going back soon to do some sweeps with my metal detector. If there is anyone with information about the symbols, please feel free to share them with me. Thanks!

Upvote 6

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1341900 View attachment 1341899 View attachment 1341901 View attachment 1341902 View attachment 1341903 View attachment 1341904 View attachment 1341905 View attachment 1341906

As a youngun I would explore the area west of Anadarko, approximately 15 miles away from the town of Cement and Fletcher Oklahoma where supposed Frank James resided. I came across some sandrock cliffs with caves in them and notice some strange, but familiar, symbols similar to those from the Jesse James maps. There are more where these came from. The picture with the cowboy has the initials "JJ" carved next to it. I plan on going back soon to do some sweeps with my metal detector. If there is anyone with information about the symbols, please feel free to share them with me. Thanks!

You may consider digging the area out some as well after you MD it. Nothing serious, if your MD is worth a good 8 inches then just clear off the first eight and then MD again. I have found this useful more times than not in areas with lots of sand stone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions