61.9 KB · Views: 431
OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I saw one of these for sale it went for $250!
I got the cd version and I don't collect books. I know there are others who do collect JJ Books, etc.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
SWR said:
Kinda steep price for a fictional novel.

However, there is a market for everything.

The premise is so bizarre that it's rejected out of hand. The message is so clear and straightforward that it's totally missed. I love the fronticepiece statement, 'Limit: one copy per customer.'

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whether one believes the story line in this book or not makes little difference to me.

I only posted this as there are those who collect books about Jesse James and they may be
interested in this auction.

I am not a collector that would value this book. I have read it and have my own opinions
about it's content.

I just felt I should pass this on to any that may find it of interest.

Happy Hunting. :lurk: :icon_king:

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your right........the auction is over....someone just spent $$ buying that book. :tongue3:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
goverton said:
Whether one believes the story line in this book or not makes little difference to me.

I only posted this as there are those who collect books about Jesse James and they may be
interested in this auction.

I am not a collector that would value this book. I have read it and have my own opinions
about it's content.

I just felt I should pass this on to any that may find it of interest.

Happy Hunting. :lurk: :icon_king:

Most Jesse James historians would pass on this, but the KGC believers would definitely be interested at this price, because as you mentioned, the going price for an original edition copy has been $250+/- for many years. It looks as if someone bought it today, as it's no longer listed.

Interesting trivia: an very elderly friend of mine, recently deceased, who never heard of this book, told me that as a youngster, a black man named John Trammell (presumably the book's Black Cobra) stayed at their ranch near Clovis, NM, for a month or so while looking for buried treasure. Even though he was unsuccessful, as a token of gratitude, Trammell gave his father a revolver that he said belonged to Jesse James. Photo below.

Attachments

• JJ gun1.jpg
    JJ gun1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 707

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
It would be interesting to look up the serial numbers on that pistol and see when it was manufactured. Just a pistol from Trammell would be a treasure.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
I can verify that Trammel was in New Mexico looking for treasure. He hired the father of a man I new to help him search. They were searching somewhere around Silver City.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
alec said:
I can verify that Trammel was in New Mexico looking for treasure. He hired the father of a man I new to help him search. They were searching somewhere around Silver City.

Hi Alec. Long time. As you know, Ross passed on a few years ago. I'm still following up on some things he pointed me towards. Found some definite signs, but nothing else. He had some startling JJ stories that supposedly occurred around Silver City. Hope all is well with you.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
It has been a while. One of these days I will get back out that way. There are lots of things out there that need to be looked at. Send me an e-mail sometime.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
alec said:
It has been a while. One of these days I will get back out that way. There are lots of things out there that need to be looked at. Send me an e-mail sometime.

When you and Jim visited, I wanted to show you the long-empty melt-down location with all the strange and interesting junk lying around out in the middle of nowhere. Jim particularly liked this 'J'.

Attachments

• j.jpg
    j.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 700

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
I bet he did like that! :laughing7:

I've got a few other things I'm working on that will probably keep me busy through March of next year but maybe I can get loose for a few days after that and come out and see you. That's some pretty nice territory you have out there. I'd still like to see that cave in person some time, the one you sent me the photo of. That's got to lead to some really good stuff!!

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
alec said:
I bet he did like that! :laughing7:

I've got a few other things I'm working on that will probably keep me busy through March of next year but maybe I can get loose for a few days after that and come out and see you. That's some pretty nice territory you have out there. I'd still like to see that cave in person some time, the one you sent me the photo of. That's got to lead to some really good stuff!!

Sounds good. By the way, the 'J' isn't too far from that cave.

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another JJ Book on Ebay. BUY It Now $49.95 JESSE JAMES WAS ONE OF HIS NAMES
Ebay Item number: 280760458563

Someone just posted it for sale.

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, this 2nd book did not stay long on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions