Job for gold prospectors!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Saw this on craigslist gold today! Get paid to prospect? And clear trails? You decide!

[h=2]Looking for a pysically fit person for weekley part time work. (Grass Valley)[/h][h=2][/h]
00C0C_fTnvRxZdUmj_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

compensation: 10.50 per hour.
employment type: part-time

I am in search for the right person. Must be honest and physically fit. This job is in the gold mining profession.
Duties include hiking, trail clearing and others. Pay is 10.50 per hour to start with wage increases as you perform well. Hours and days are flexible.

No tweekers!!!

Please be in good physical condition capable of multi mile hikes and trail clearing.

Must have own transportation and a 4x4 is a plus but not needed.

Shoot me an email with your name, location, age and if you have any gold mining experience (not necessary).

Looking to hire ASAP. Could turn into a full time job if you work well with me.
https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/lab/6170034121.html

Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
isn't min wage in ca 12?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran a gold mine up in alleghany Calif and $10 a hour would not be enough money to have to deal with some of those canyons like the kanake creek watershed.
I have the scars to prove that walking on pine needles on a 55+ degree slope can tear you up.
I had a number of times i had to use climbing gear

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Average no experience starting pay in the U.S. mining industry is $24 an hour.

Sounds more like illegal slave labor. I don't think I would want to be alone in the countryside with a person who thinks paying someone $10 an hour for hard dangerous labor is fair.

Just sayin'

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea... I think I'd rather flip burgers for ten then clear brush and blaze trails with some nut job lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still am leaning toward giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. I've met all sorts of people that are "treking" thru this area, some good some shaky. You might refer some as nickel miners (can collectors and now that cans have a 10 cent value I guess we'll update that to dime miners). And it's mighty tough to collect ten dollars worth of cans an hour. Without a doubt I bet that a few would jump at the chance to be on land with permission in exchange for some hard work and throw some money in....well. I'd be interested to know if that offer included camping privileges. He did say that possible increases in pay may occur.

OP
OP
B

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
It could be a great opportunity....or: nothing! I would call him just out of curiosity, but I'm too feeble to do treking anymore.

Someone call him! And let us know the deal!

RobertF

Jan 19, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorta makes me laugh to see minimum wage complaints in a group that is normally anti-government regulation. The work is worth whatever the employer and employee can agree upon, the joys of the free market. If the pay is too low, he won't get any takers and he will be forced to either raise his rate or abandon his project.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did he use the words "Gold Mining Profession" to put lipstick on a pig? Cruise by the Home Depot in the early morning and gather up your workforce for cheap.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey hoser...%.... you gold hound , you!!!!

So I'll be honest with you guys, if I didn't already have about a dozen more projects than I can handle I'd load up and give it a go. Hells bells worst thing would be I'd have three or four more hundred dollars than I got now,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread