NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These both came from deep plumbers trenches installing the drain lines for the convention center addition we're building...

First one is a Dr. Price's Delicious Flavoring Extracts... Dr Price's first name was Vincent, and he was the grandfather of the famous actor... He is also the inventor of baking powder..
dr price.jpg

This is the really interesting one... I'm trying to get it cleaned up for some better pics but here's a couple in the meantime...
Mrs. Winslow's
Soothing Syrup
Curtis & Perkins
Proprietors
... aka "the baby killer" it was a mix of morphine and alcohol and was advertised for teething infants and "fussy babies" with recommended doses that would knock an adult down... it's believed to have caused the deaths of thousands of children between 1849 and 1906 when the morphine was taken out of the formula...
syrup2.jpg syrup1.jpg

I also found a large medicine with no embossing, and another little bottle that I forgot to get a pic of... if I go back out to my truck tonight I'll grab them and get a couple pics

Last edited:
Upvote 17

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Thanks for sharing the history and the pic So!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's got to be more where those came from......who knew work could be so fun.

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's got to be more where those came from......who knew work could be so fun.

We start work on a new area next week that is at the edge of the original Fort Pueblo, I know a couple of the guys on the excavating crew have found some stuff already so I'm hopeful... might take the detector down over the weekend... also need out find out where all the dirt that came out was dumped

cgdigger

Feb 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey NOLA. How about a picture of the Mrs. Winslow's base? May be pontiled - nice old look to that bottle.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the old bottles...congratulations! :occasion14:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting finds from a site that really produced!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread