Jocky club of Kenya, girl scouts and BP?

redfish76

Sep 12, 2010
Florida
Hey all
I haven't been to any estate/garage sales in a while but my dad wanted me to go with him on Friday so I tagged along..
I bought a little baggy of pins for $2.00 and maybe I can get a opinion of if any of it is worth anything..
First pics are of some tag? seating? and reads on the top Jocky Club Of Kenya.. bottom Private stands 1959
The back reads Not Transferable ... no 253..w.o lewis .. 8ADfs) est b'ham .19
and the other items I would like to know about are the clover pins.. are they both girl scouts items?
Also a cool little sterling 25 years of service pin.. and is the BP pin from BP/amoco? I also scored some silver cheap..
Thank you all in advance.. And all items are pictured as found
Jeff
Picture252.jpg

Picture246.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Picture237.jpg

Picture236.jpg

Picture232.jpg

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The flag pin, with the clover and two stars is definitely the old version of the WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts) pin, which changed in 1991. I don't recognize the writing, on either it or the other trefoil stick pin. I'm was tempted to say Kenya because of the other pin, and the "GSK" on the stick pin, but I googled swahili and arabic, and it doesn't seem to match. Maybe someone else can ID the language.
The BP pin might also be scout related, as Lord & Lady Baden-Powell started the scouts overseas, he is frequently referred to by his initials, BP. But that is a total wild guess.

This website might help you further: http://www.wagggs.org/en/home
the "K" nations are: Kenya, Kiribati, Korea and Kuwait

Kuwait's current pin is very different, but yours maybe decades old. Their Girl Guides Association was established in 1965! but it doesn't look like arabic????

Cool finds!!

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Think you did pretty good. BP pin is unlikely related to British Petroleum.

How'd your dad make out?

OP
OP
redfish76

redfish76

Sep 12, 2010
Florida
Hey guys
Thanks for the great info and knowledge :icon_thumright: btw dad didn't score a thing.. he is a clock man

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
Kuwait's current pin is very different, but yours maybe decades old. Their Girl Guides Association was established in 1965! but it doesn't look like arabic????

Cool finds!!
The Kenya Girl Guides Association was actually established in 1920 - they just didn't become a full member of WAGGGS until 1963. Kenya is where Lord and Lady Baden Powell retired to, and where they are buried.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread