Joined The Seated Club Today x 2 :)

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I finally joined the seated club!!! I've been on a super lucky streak for the past 3 weeks getting a lc, walker, 3 golds and 27 other silvers. Started out today with 297 silver coins for the year. I've been trying to get a seated coin all year. And today it happened twice!!! We hunted an old abandoned park from the mid 1850s thanks to mr. Needle n haystacks invitation. Place was loaded with nails upon nails and good signals very scarce. So the first hour and a half I must of dug a dozen bent nails and a few bullets so I decided to check out the other side of the road which had some downed trees. Same story more nails but by a fallen tree I got a nice steady 12-45 at 7" popped the plug but target was still in the hole. Scooped out some more dirt with my hand and Boom a silver disk! Picked it up and through the dirt I see a sitting liberty:)
So after dancing for a few minutes as this is my first seated I started swinging again and more nails. About 15 minutes went by and by another downed tree I got a 16-37 signal dug it and popped out an Indian. Scanned next to the hole and got a 12-41 dug it and Boom another seated! This one was well worn so I was able to smear off the dirt to see the date of 1874. Scanned the hole and another chirp, cut some more dirt of the sidewall and anther Indian appeared. So another happy dance :)
After about 2 more hours of no good targets came across a bouncy 12-35 but repeating signal, dug it up and another green Indian appeared. I also found a 1981 memorial for a total of 6 coins for the day, but 5 were keepers. I didn't know the date of the first seated till the end of the hunt as I did not want to scratch it, it's an 1890s. Thanks to Needle n haystack once again for inviting me.

image-1507501230.jpg

image-1026294735.jpg

image-2051818080.jpg

image-2400959215.jpg

image-503438526.jpg

image-2378121845.jpg

Thanks for reading and HH :)

Upvote 7

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. That is a lot of silver this year. Can you disc out the iron and still hit silver? Nice hunt.

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW so your at 299 silvers for the year? Thats awesome!!! I'm at 4, 1 fake 8 reale i thought was silver so i guess that does not count. But welcome to the Seated club, and congrats on the IH's too. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnmountains said:
Congratulations. That is a lot of silver this year. Can you disc out the iron and still hit silver? Nice hunt.

Thanks, I'm running an etrac with very low discrimination at 27-26 line so I can get those iffy targets. But this place had spots where you lost all threshold so running in 2 tone ferrous might of been key but I have not yet ventured into that territory. And yes I have pulled multiple coins this year that were sitting with iron, one merc I dug this year had a big rusty nail stuck right to it.

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flyinryan2 said:
WOW so your at 299 silvers for the year? Thats awesome!!! I'm at 4, 1 fake 8 reale i thought was silver so i guess that does not count. But welcome to the Seated club, and congrats on the IH's too. :thumbsup:

Yes that's correct, count stands at 299. And thank you :)

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing. People around me seem to find them left and right (though, not nearly as nice as yours) But I have yet to find my Seated. They are near the top of my reasonable wish list. Congrats!

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome coins! Congrats

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on makin the club!! Im sure u wont forget that hunt for a long time.. HH

Johnlightning

Sep 2, 2008
Indian Territories
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Etrac and SE Pro
Best detectors built by far!
Super nice finds! That's a super days hunt. Is that a coin wedding band? I have mine from a 1938 walker and hate when I forget to remove it and have on my gloves hunting, always has a nice sound when waving a fist full of dirt over the detector coil :-)

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oxbowbarefoot said:
Amazing. People around me seem to find them left and right (though, not nearly as nice as yours) But I have yet to find my Seated. They are near the top of my reasonable wish list. Congrats!

That's a great sign if others are popping them around you. It's just a matter of time before you get one, and thanks!

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 1890 is in great shape, what a nice fine!

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnlightning said:
Super nice finds! That's a super days hunt. Is that a coin wedding band? I have mine from a 1938 walker and hate when I forget to remove it and have on my gloves hunting, always has a nice sound when waving a fist full of dirt over the detector coil :-)

Thanks, and yes it's a 1950 Ben pulled inside out. I've also done that lol.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
By DANG,two Seateds and three Indians,now that made you a GOOD hunt dude,bet you were grinnin like thisI God Bless Chris

Attachments

• possum.jpg
    possum.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker said:
By DANG,two Seateds and three Indians,now that made you a GOOD hunt dude,bet you were grinnin like thisI God Bless Chris

How did you know? I still am and probably will till the weekend. Thanks!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the story/pics, that's amazing. Still waiting for my first seated..

bobcat

Aug 18, 2012
nebraska
Detector(s) used
whites - eagle 2 sl, eagle spectrum, xlt, dfx, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super deluxe coins. hope you saved some for me. nice hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread