Joseph W Barr

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I'm talking paper money and this is more for coins but I saw this at a store and just wanted to share this picture. I hope everyone can zoom in and read it. If they didn't have a price tag of like $25 on it, I might have bought it.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455326667.175977.jpg

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to look for those when I was a kid in the 1970's. It was kind of an urban legend back then that they were/would be valuable. I found one a couple of years ago, which was the first I've seen since then. They'd be similar to clad NIFC halves in my opinion - neat, but not valuable. $25 would be way out of my price range as well.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Same here. When I was just starting out coin collecting back in the early 60's, my mother happened to know a bank teller very well, and when those BARR notes came out the teller saved her 25-crisp BU bills all in numerical series sequence. They dont even have a fold, smudge, or wrinkle. I was just looking at them a few weeks ago, they appeared to have been just printed yesterday. I'll save them for now, until a real rainy rainy day, or the grandkids get them when I pass away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread